JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the Seattle PI:

Two police officers were injured in an accidental shooting at a gun range in Auburn on Thursday afternoon, the Auburn Police Department reported.

Both officers were not from Auburn, but from another agency, said Auburn Police Commander Mike Hirman.

One officer was struck in the thigh with a bullet, the other was hit by a "rock or shrapnel" from a bullet, Hirman said. The man with the leg wound was transported to Harborview Medical Center, the other was treated for a superficial wound at a local hospital.

Police were conducting training when the shooting happened, Hirman said.

Auburn police continue to investigate the incident, which reportedly happened around 4:30 p.m.

Read more: 2 police officers accidentally injured at Auburn Gun Range - seattlepi.com

Odd, bullets usually don't fly out of nowhere but yet the story doesn't say who did the shooting. How much you wanna bet one of them shot the other.

A common practice for experienced shooters & the noobs who are in training is rapid weapon deployment drills. I bet these guys were drawing their weapons and engaging targets starting from a low threat level. When your head gets too big for the caliber you're working with these things are common to any shooter. I can only imagine the look on the wounded's face towards the shooter. LMAO

All I know is..at our range..if the PD shows up to shoot..we pack up as fast as we can..and make a rapid evacuation..for our own safety...

Almost spit my drink out.

And saabin,I'll take that bet.One of them probably shot himself.

And orge,me also.I don't want the tax payers to pay for his stupidity.Otherwise I don't care,maybe he isn't cut out for a cop.

If you are going to take a job that requires you to carry a gun,you just can't afford mistakes

Same goes for us when we carry.
Can't call the bullet back

When I heard shooting accident in Auburn on the news i was seriously concerned. A bit later they showed and told it was the cop training range. Cops, accidental shooting -yeah Right.

i will venture a guess that the news Saturday will go like this:
"Police officers injured when gun accidental discharges"

Two cops were injured:
1 shot in leg
1 shot, a slight wound to the gut right below bottom of body armour.

Stupid is, is Stupid does.

BTW - Never call a cop a PIG. Pigs are smarter then that.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads