JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Don't be so quick to flip the bird or cuss someone out regardless if it's their fault or not. It is wise to make a conscious effort to deescalate first and avoid petty conflicts especially when packin heat. People snap and go ape$h!t that's why it is a must to try and be kind even when you don't feel like showing kindness. Unfortunately there are so many mentally ill and disturbed people in today's society it's quite difficult to tell if someone is close to that breaking point. Not worth finding out.
Only thing I might add is run towards the gun.
Personal decision of course.

1) Carrying a gun means you can't be flipping people off in traffic, and yes you do have to ignore it when you get flipped off.
I was driving to work one morning when a guy in a work truck festooned with the company's name and phone # pulled up next to me driving aggressively and flipping me off and screaming. (Screaming made no sense since I couldn't hear him.) All I could do was keep an eye on him and watch traffic so I wouldn't run into the car in front of me. He finally pulled away and I went to work.
When I got there I called the number on the truck and told the owner that:
- this clown didn't represent his company well by road raging in a company truck,
and
- the next time he pulls this crap on somebody who carries a .44 Mag car gun they might not be as sane as me.

2) If you're going to carry a gun it means not initiating a situation likely to escalate.
Drejka was an idiot to rage at a woman with children because she was parked in a handicapped spot. He should have kept his mouth shut and gone into the store and there would not have been any problem.

1) Carrying a gun means you can't be flipping people off in traffic, and yes you do have to ignore it when you get flipped off.
I was driving to work one morning when a guy in a work truck festooned with the company's name and phone # pulled up next to me driving aggressively and flipping me off and screaming. (Screaming made no sense since I couldn't hear him.) All I could do was keep an eye on him and watch traffic so I wouldn't run into the car in front of me. He finally pulled away and I went to work.
When I got there I called the number on the truck and told the owner that:
- this clown didn't represent his company well by road raging in a company truck,
and
- the next time he pulls this crap on somebody who carries a .44 Mag car gun they might not be as sane as me.

2) If you're going to carry a gun it means not initiating a situation likely to escalate.
Drejka was an idiot to rage at a woman with children because she was parked in a handicapped spot. He should have kept his mouth shut and gone into the store and there would not have been any problem.
I have not done it yet but, couple times I have been real tempted to send a video clip to some company when some worker does this kind of stuff. It always has left me shaking my head in wonder that someone with a Co vehicle acts like a moron. Unless they are trying to get fired maybe??
It was kind of funny today. Went to the range. When I got there I pulled in and guy I parked next to said hi to me when I got out. As I was getting my gear I noticed I had parked a LOT closer to his door than I meant to. He did not glare at me or say anything other than being friendly. I did hop back in and park better, then when we were waiting to get in said sorry, did not mean to park on top of you. He just shrugged and laughed. Not sure if its because we are both armed or if he being around my age actually just acts like an adult instead of a child in an adult body. :D

I'm not sure what I'd do in this situation. But, I do have inspiration.

l-intro-1615575549.jpg

If you don't know the reference, go watch Law Abiding Citizen.

I have not done it yet but, couple times I have been real tempted to send a video clip to some company when some worker does this kind of stuff. It always has left me shaking my head in wonder that someone with a Co vehicle acts like a moron. Unless they are trying to get fired maybe??
It was kind of funny today. Went to the range. When I got there I pulled in and guy I parked next to said hi to me when I got out. As I was getting my gear I noticed I had parked a LOT closer to his door than I meant to. He did not glare at me or say anything other than being friendly. I did hop back in and park better, then when we were waiting to get in said sorry, did not mean to park on top of you. He just shrugged and laughed. Not sure if its because we are both armed or if he being around my age actually just acts like an adult instead of a child in an adult body. :D
Probably, as you surmise, actually an adult.

I also have found most gun owners I've encountered to be good folk, mature, not easily ruffled, nice even temperaments.

But let's not forget, an armed society is a polite society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top