JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Possibilities:

1) A Beretta 686 12ga if I could find one under $2k w/ tax (possible); or
2) A S&W 629 DX Classic 5" 44 Mag with chest holster and some ammo; or
3) Maybe a M1 Garand in nice shape, preferably made during WWII; or
4) Possibly a Freedom Arms 83 in 44 Mag - not sure what barrel length (haven't really given this option a lot of thought)

I doubt any LGS has one but if I had 2K to spend on one firearm.

It would be a Uberti/Cimarron Winchester model 1885 Hi Wall Deluxe Sporting rifle in 45-70 with a 30" barrel Double set triggers (that would soak up $1150.00) I would then buy a Winchester Low profile Spirit level Globe front sight and a ($167.00) a #101 Soule Midrange Vernier tang sight ($425.00) the balance would cover Brass and a couple bullet molds.

If I had $5000.00 to spend I would invest in the nicest Model 1886 Winchester RIFLE 26" barrel Full mag in 45-70 I could find in the country.

Second choice on the 5K would be the nicest Model 71 Winchester Deluxe Rifle I could find in .348WIN

I have two possibilities. I have not decided yet which one to move on.

1. I have a dedicated 9mm AR with an eotech. I want to SB and thread it, add a new hand rail and front fold down site, buy a suppressor. With the two tax stamps, it would all cost about 2k.

2. Bolt action 308 with some quality glass for it. Have not yet decided on the make or model. I Just know that I need this.

Register an AR lower as an SBR - $200
AAC 762-SDN-6 - $900
Tax Stamp - $200
Aimpoint T1 w/ LaRue Mount - $650

TOTAL - $1,950

(That would also give you a few months while you wait on the ATF to resupply cash reserves in order to re-barrel an AR or build a new upper to accomodate the SBR tax stamp. Then in Dec you could get NV for the T1)

I've got more guns than I need, and More than I Know what to do with.

I think I would just Buy Linotype, Wheelweights and Primers.

If it was Wait till December for the $5k, then I might add In a Swarovski Scope.

My highest priority would be reloading equipment and components. My second priority would be ammunition. I might be tempted by a nice piece of glass. An M1A is probably next on the list.

Although given my druthers I'd rather have 4 or 5 'common' guns than 1 really nice one.

First Id support Private sales while we still have them and purchase a few firearms for a lesser cost, that OR Id support the very small local Gunshop. But I Digress.. With $2000 to spend id get a few mosins, makarov and a PSL (a spam can or two and some magazines for both)
OR two more AKM rifles (yes, even more) and the rest on mags and ammo (deals can still be had)
OR
a v51 pistol + tax stamp + a3 stock and some magazines (ammo to come later)
OR
About 5 hk93/33 mags (lol, theyre darn near that expensive)
OR
$500 worth of steel ak mags OR aluminum Usgi mags $500-$600 on ammo and the rest on a new pistol and mags+ammo
OR
Yet another desperetly needed safe for all the overflow of current mags and ammo and a new rifle+glass, sling and a litle ammo

With $2000 there are a few options. I for one wouldnt blow it on just one platform hard resale as well as Unique parts for some.

Or in the end you could just buy $2000 worth of NEF pardner pumps/ marlin 795s and hipoint c9s and arm everyone of your family members. :)

$2000:
.308 Semi Auto Tactical rig
DPMS Recon
EOTech 517.A65/1 Tactical Holographic Sight

$5000:
Long range precision rifle
Defiance Deviant Action
Bartlein barrel chambered in 280 AI SAAMI or 7mm RM
What the heck, make it 338 Lapua with a muzzle break. Won't have to bother even cleaning anything you shoot, because nothing will be left
Timney trigger
XLR Chassis
AI Mags
Vortex Razor 5-20x50

With this budget I could have spent more on the scope and chassis, but I still have to go with most bang for the buck. In addition to my other failings, I'm also a cheapskate relatively speaking

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top