JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for an informative post.

Also, you have I inspired me to accept the challenge (self-imposed, I suppose) of trying to work "Better chance of being raped by a Sasquatch" into an otherwise normal conversation this week.

A man's gotta have goals!;)

Holy cow. I've shot there before. It doesn't say how they died. Could have been a murder suicide? Kind of scary. I'm like Yvette and go out shooting by myself. Actually quite a bit. One time I forgot to keep some spare ammo and this scary creature slithered behind me:
View attachment 608375

I don't shoot at that spot anymore!!!!! I'd like to know how the couple died. Whoever finds out, post it please. Thanks...
You seen this snake where?......!!!!!

You seen this snake where?......!!!!!

Yeah, I have not seen any rattlers up there before, that would be quite a startling find up in that area. I know we have rattlers in the valley - but I've not run into any this far north. I've had run ins with them east of Salem up by Butte Creek, and down around Detroit and the Santiam system.

I think they stood a better chance of being raped by Sasquatch out there...
I lived in Estacada for a number of years and cut wood up on Squaw Mountain after work most every day. The idea of seeing a Sasquatch out there was always on the radar. That place can be creepy as heck when one is waaay back in there where others rarely go.

Kind of creepy - I've been up to that very shooting pit a few times, it's a good spot, remote and there's one narrow road in and out - you can see anyone coming pretty readily if you're paying attention. It's so damn out there (compared to the more popular spots) that the likelihood of running into other people is pretty remote. I am thinking that someone knew they were going to be there, maybe even someone who was with them, did them in, took what they wanted and left. While it's possible that this was an act of stranger on stranger violence - I think they stood a better chance of being raped by Sasquatch out there than falling victim to a homicidal stranger. I could be wrong, but that's miles away from the spots frequented by the locals, and the "road" up there, at least the last few times I was there, was heavily over grown, and more of a tunnel through the woods at some points.

I was in Hawaii at the time................

I lived in Estacada for a number of years and cut wood up on Squaw Mountain after work most every day. The idea of seeing a Sasquatch out there was always on the radar. That place can be creepy as heck when one is waaay back in there where others rarely go.
Nothing like being up there and smelling death (like a rotting carcass) and not being able to find anything to cause the smell.... and then the smell went away...

Yeah, that was less than a mile away from the place these two were shot.

Still, I love that area.

It will always be "Squaw Mtn." to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews