JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 610837View attachment 610838

Scrapping brass?!
How many casings would you need to buy a gift?
Like 10s of thousands?

It's all ignorant speculation, but I'm going for they did something really dumb and tried to rob someone out shooting and they got the justice end.

That would explain "no threat to the public" and "person at large"

This whole family reeks of meth.

They don't call it Meth-Da-Cada for no reason.

Some people were shot in the woods. Why is the public not at risk? It appears there is a killer or killers on the loose.

No where has it been said they were shot. Everything I've read simply says "homicidal violence". To me that means beat, slashed, etc.

Edit: looks like I missed that!
They don't call it Meth-Da-Cada for no reason.

Incestacada, Decapatata, Molestacada...

Last Edited:
That's not really the point. There's guys who patrol my public spot daily for brass. The guy I see most often says he's lucky to fill half a coffee can most days. It's just not something people do to raise money for a gift for the grandkids. It's something you do if you're already there or something you do if you're an old guy looking for an excuse to get some fresh air, a little exercise, and possibly some small talk with someone who isn't the wife.

Brass has no relative scrap value. Even if you score a couple hundred reloadable .223, take it home to clean and prep, then sell, what's that worth? $10-20? Minus time and fuel.
...or...maybe just ration your smokes and coffee for a couple days.

All I'm saying is "picking up brass to recycle" is a questionable sole purpose for being out there for 2 relatively able bodied people of that age.

That's not really the point. There's guys who patrol my public spot daily for brass. The guy I see most often says he's lucky to fill half a coffee can most days. It's just not something people do to raise money for a gift for the grandkids. It's something you do if you're already there or something you do if you're an old guy looking for an excuse to get some fresh air, a little exercise, and possibly some small talk with someone who isn't the wife.

Brass has no relative scrap value. Even if you score a couple hundred reloadable .223, take it home to clean and prep, then sell, what's that worth? $10-20? Minus time and fuel.
...or...maybe just ration your smokes and coffee for a couple days.

All I'm saying is "picking up brass to recycle" is a questionable sole purpose for being out there for 2 relatively able bodied people of that age.
It's like they couldn't get a job, because they can't pass a drug test, or something...
:rolleyes:

View attachment 610837View attachment 610838

Scrapping brass?!
How many casings would you need to buy a gift?
Like 10s of thousands?

A five gallon bucket of brass will net $100 +/- at Portland scrap yards depending on the price that particular day.

I spend a lot of time at the North Fork Wolf Creek shooting lanes after work. There are several local individuals who patrol the lanes for spent brass and not all of them are into reloading if you get my drift. One local guy that I have talked to at the range (who I don't think to be a crackhead) told me that he hauled in over a 1000 lbs earlier this year and received $1.75 per pound.

E

A five gallon bucket of brass will net $100 +/- at Portland scrap yards depending on the price that particular day.

I spend a lot of time at the North Fork Wolf Creek shooting lanes after work. There are several local individuals who patrol the lanes for spent brass and not all of them are into reloading if you get my drift. One local guy that I have talked to at the range (who I don't think to be a crackhead) told me that he hauled in over a 1000 lbs earlier this year and received $1.75 per pound.

E
No wonder pay to play ranges want you to leave it.

there is absolutely no reason to do a drug deal out there when the drugs are already in their town.

To me, the clearest explanations are they were either the victims of random violence, or tried to rob/hurt/etc. somebody out there, and got more than they bargained for.

Agree on the first part. But shady people do shady things and make shady enemies. Could have just been a crime of opportunity.
Really, it's all just speculation at this point. Hope they solve the case.

Lots of POS have rolled into this area recently. Two men stole a Traeger right off my neighbors patio last night. Today I went to our company mailbox and saw this:

IMG_9304 (5).jpg

Murders and brazen thefts.. This doesn't feel like the usual drunken Oregon bums from years past. I have no proof, but my intuition tells me these criminals have migrated here from urban areas in California and other metro areas.

Lots of POS have rolled into this area recently. Two men stole a Traeger right off my neighbors patio last night. Today I went to our company mailbox and saw this:

View attachment 610924

Murders and brazen thefts.. This doesn't feel like the usual drunken Oregon bums from years past. I have no proof, but my intuition tells me these criminals have migrated here from urban areas in California and other metro areas.
And fentanyl is in cheerios these days.
Well, every street drug you can name.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews