JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why drive out into the woods to do a murder suicide - just my thoughts.

Perhaps, it's about saving someone else from having to clean up?

Don't get me wrong. Yes, I've seen it (at a home). And, although I didn't do the actual clean up......I pity the person (maybe even the family member left behind) that has the job. Something to think about?

BTW.....the responding police officers won't be doing it. Even at/after a MURDER scene. Unless....they're special.

Aloha, Mark

Perhaps, it's about saving someone else from having to clean up?

Don't get me wrong. Yes, I've seen it (at a home). And, although I didn't do the actual clean up......I pity the person (maybe even the family member left behind) that has the job. Something to think about?

BTW.....the responding police officers won't be doing it. Even at/after a MURDER scene. Unless....they're special.

Aloha, Mark
Wut ?
It's called a Disaster Clean-up service.
(Trauma Scene/Biohazard Cleanup)
This thread is going off the tracks....

So the last I heard, the Clackamas County Coroner's office declared this a Double Homicide.
Not a murder-suicide.
And then Radio Silence.

In my Dept. (when I was in).....

"IT''S NOT MY JOB."

Bio-hazard.

Of course, if you were tasked with the job......my hat's off to you. Then....YES, there are professional private for hire services too.

Aloha, Mark

PS....check out the movie, "Sunshine Cleaning".

Last Edited:
Im thinking maybe it was accidental or they already know who did it? If there was a dangerous murderer you would think they'd be talking about it more regularly on the news and putting warnings out. Didn't they say to just be aware of your surroundings?

They never posted the normal ".....PD looking for Robbery or murder suspect" who knows

Everyone here is an ultra sniper ninja Batman of situational awareness, so it could never happen....

But - it wouldn't take a heck of a lot of skill to sit 50-100 yards off watching someone target shooting and plink twice, for theft reasons, or other criminal motives. They possibly could have never even seen who shot them.

Two many details left unanswered to speculate further.

Last Edited:
More people are shot & killed in the citiesvthen in the remote shooting areas yet many of you go to the cities unarmed and feel comfortable.
I much. rather be in a remote gravel pit then downtown Everett, Seattle, Tacoma or any other
city.

I carry everywhere I go EVERYDAY/ALLDAY.

I rarely carry - can't remember the last time I carried concealed and I would never carry openly in the city today - although there are times when I probably should carry concealed. I would maybe carry in the boonies, but mostly just to have something to survive with, not because I would be afraid of humans or animals, but for signaling and taking small game.

I have noticed people who have grown up in urban areas seem to be afraid of the rural/etc. areas. You see that in Hollywood; movies and TV shows tend to show those of us who live outside the cities as ignorant hicks at least, and dangerous killers/rapists/etc. at worst, while showing people from the cities as generally peaceful, sophisticated and intelligent. On top of that, add in the animals - wolves, cougars, bears, etc. as predators just hiding behind every bush or tree waiting to pounce on humans.

My bet is whomever murdered these people was from the city. Maybe murdered them in the city and dumped them there in the shooting pit. We'll see. Yes there are dangerous people out there, but the chance of running into them is pretty low.

Im thinking maybe it was accidental or they already know who did it? If there was a dangerous murderer you would think they'd be talking about it more regularly on the news and putting warnings out. Didn't they say to just be aware of your surroundings?

They never posted the normal ".....PD looking for Robbery or murder suspect" who knows
Directly from the KOIN news page

Mendoza told KOIN 6 News there is no suspect at this time but it is correct to say that whoever killed Rickerd and Merchant remains at large.

The medical examiner determined they died of "homicidal violence," but the manner of death was not released.

We are assuming they were shot, I suppose since they were in a shooting area but homicidal violence could be a number of things that result in death. I doubt they were killed and transported since their dog was there.

We are assuming they were shot, I suppose since they were in a shooting area but homicidal violence could be a number of things that result in death. I doubt they were killed and transported since their dog was there.
It's weird how very little information has been released on this case.

I might call CCSO today if I have time.

Simple. If your plan is to surprise the spouse by killing them, they certainly wouldn't see it coming at a shooting area.
Because they expect it when they sit down to eat, right?
Or when you come back from the bathroom in the middle of the night (either or any way).
While the victim is sleeping...
First thing when you walk in the door from work or the store...

"Alright! I got her the cigarettes and whiskey she asked for, I better check the corners so she doesn't pop out and shoot me!"
:s0114:

Unless they all wanted to die in a beautiful place, it makes little sense.

Imma kill you, but first Imma take you out in the woods where the ONLY things you will be looking at are me and the guns.

vs

Capped by Tweakers.

Maybe we should just wait until we have the.......................................................

nevermind.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top