JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The range near me is on a 2-4 year waiting list. I've been waiting for a year now.

Estacada isn't the good down home place you would think in the country.
There are some people out there that would do this type of thing no doubt.
And to steal guns? You bet your anus.

If it was a murder suicide you'd think that would be easy to figure out.

I usually carry a full size pistol loaded with a spare mag just for back up when shooting in the woods. I don't shoot it, it's only there for protection. If I go down range even with someone with me I carry my AR loaded with a spare mag.

Too many sketchy bottom feeders out there who would kill you for nothing let alone a few grand in firearms.

And another group of people who knew Epstein.

And on the serious note: this makes me rethink not going into the woods locked and loaded

It's too bad the media had to post anything about being at a place where people shoot without disclosing full details. It's like they want to bash target shooting and imply this was done by irresponsible shooting. Just look at all the comments here! Most are thinking it was a problem at a shooting place where it must have been done by rogue or evil shooters. Yet, they didn't even say how the people died! So many possibilities, so many theories floating around, all because of the new media.

I'll hang tight to hear what they're final report is. And what ever the media says, I'll seek out officials to give me the real scoop. So far, it could be as they say, however, I just can't believe the reporting we get now a days.

Their report does, however, prompt the obvious need to watch your back and always keep one loaded.

Join a range so you don't have to put up with the ruffians and other trash in the woods.
So fear the woods and let the
ruffians and other trash in the woods
have it?
Why not embrace the woods and take an active stance in defending it and yourself and not running and hiding from it by joining a range?
It seems self defense is espoused by most on this forum but you are suggesting we give up the National Forest to the 'trash' ?
Apparently I am missing something.

I still go in the woods for camping, mushroom picking and hiking, I just mostly shoot at the range. Not sure what the disconnect here is...

So fear the woods and let the have it?
Why not embrace the woods and take an active stance in defending it and yourself and not running and hiding from it by joining a range?
It seems self defense is espoused by most on this forum but you are suggesting we give up the National Forest to the 'trash' ?
Apparently I am missing something.
Ha! Right on, Bro! Hope you can make it to the Sisters cleanup on the 24th. We'll show em what it's like to embrace the woods and not run from the trash!

I often go out shooting by myself...and will continue to do so.
But...
I am aware of just what is going on around me....and still remember a thing or two from days gone by...

I do hope that we find the reason for this... and you all stay safe out there.
Andy

Last Edited:
Woods life back in 'the day' before most even know of or would understand....

img20190813_20191962.jpg

Well, wish us luck because a few of us are camping right at the shooting pit in Sisters. No worries, we'll have plenty of firepower! So much for campgrounds! (Secretly, I hope the kids decide to have a kegger out there that night! Would make feel like the good 'ol days!).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top