JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very sad. First thing I thought too was maybe murder/ suicide. As normal though the "news" is so unreliable with info. I will ditto always having a loaded when shooting. Even at the indoor range I never shoot everything empty, always have at least one loaded gun on me. Will be interesting to hear what comes from this as more info comes out.

omg I would freak the freak out and certainly would not be getting any pictures.

I was freaked out. Jumped up on top of a steel shooting bench with my AR10....
EWfVwn4.jpg

My clubs range is a lot safer!!!!!

And fear going out into our public lands?
I hope more do join ranges - this will be fewer I have to see out in the woods.

My choice was based on four wheeler trails and homeless encampments in proximity to the local "public lands" shooting area, but incidents like this serve to reinforce my choice. To each their own I guess, I just don't want to be the guy that negligently shoots someone in the woods.

I would like to know which pit this was. I have shot at most all of them.
This is like everything else going on these days. Most everyone I have met shooting in the woods have been good friendly folks. We are there for the same hobby and enjoy talking and even sharing our firearms. Society is going down the toilet. It is a shame that we no longer can trust each other.
I always enjoyed spending time in the woods shooting with my son. Now it looks like I need to invite a few friends to go with us. Strength in numbers.

Has anyone Identified the exact area ? I didn't see anything in the link that was that familiar.
From the few pictures I've seen I am nearly positive it is the first spot to the left off of NF 4615 on the way down to the old quarry, which I believe is called the Silver Box Mine.
N45 15.30 W122 07.01

I guess, I just don't want to be the guy that negligently shoots someone in the woods.
And neither do I but i am NOT going to jump to conclusion over something I know nothing about and suddenly think the National Forest is something to be feared or avoided.
I have been backpacking, hiking, fishing, hunting the National Forest for close to 45 years now and and will NEVER be afraid of it and will continue to do so until I can no longer can - and this might be a while!
I can only deduce from what you posted your experience in the National Forest is limited to, and only based on:
four wheeler trails and homeless encampments in proximity to the local "public lands"
And if this is the case then you are missing out on the best of it.
Try getting a couple miles past the border of a National Forest and put some 'foot time' in and you might have a different opinion of it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top