JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Koin 6 news just reported on this. The couple shot were not up there target shooting, they seem to be poor folks up there collecting spent brass casings for the $ per their family member. The police don't have any leads on who or why.

Condolences to the family. That has to be really tough to go through.

Koin 6 news just reported on this. The couple shot were not up there target shooting, they seem to be poor folks up there collecting spent brass casings for the $ per their family member. The police don't have any leads on who or why.
Did the report say they were shot? My understanding was they hadn't yet reported a cause of death.

I have noticed people who have grown up in urban areas seem to be afraid of the rural/etc. areas. You see that in Hollywood; movies and TV shows tend to show those of us who live outside the cities as ignorant hicks at least, and dangerous killers/rapists/etc. at worst, while showing people from the cities as generally peaceful, sophisticated and intelligent. On top of that, add in the animals - wolves, cougars, bears, etc. as predators just hiding behind every bush or tree waiting to pounce on humans.
So true.

My bet is whomever murdered these people was from the city. Maybe murdered them in the city and dumped them there in the shooting pit.
Probably not. Don't forget, their dog was found there alive and unharmed. It's unlikely someone would bring along a live dog to dump with 2 dead bodies.

Drug deal gone wrong? They were picking up brass to get money. Maybe they were meeting someone there and it went south? Hard to say.

So true.

Probably not. Don't forget, their dog was found there alive and unharmed. It's unlikely someone would bring along a live dog to dump with 2 dead bodies.
It's useless to speculate, but with the information given thus far, it is likely that someone rolled in and shot them while they were picking brass.
And also we have that berry picker's SUV that was shot up out of Sandy in the last few days.
The two locations are not that far apart.
We may have a deranged shooter driving the back roads.

That last sentence does not fit with the CCSO declaration that there is no danger to the public.
The only way that works for me is that perhaps CCSO had determined early on that the victims knew the killer.
Too many unanswered questions.

Last Edited:
Drug deal gone wrong? They were picking up brass to get money. Maybe they were meeting someone there and it went south? Hard to say.
Agree hard to say without enough info. I think a lot of poeple probably want to know is it safe to go in the woods/is their some psycho out there.

The deputy sheriff's statement saying come out and enjoy the county/no threat to public must be based on something I would think. Just have to wait for more info I guess.

It's useless to speculate, but with the information given thus far, it is likely that someone rolled in and shot them while they were picking brass.
And also we have that berry picker's SUV that was shot up out of Sandy in the last few days.
The two locations are not that far apart.
We may have a deranged shooter driving the back roads.

That last sentence does not fit with the CCSO declaration that there is no danger to the public.

Speculation like "deranged shooter" isn't going to help anything.

Speculation like "deranged shooter" isn't going to help anything.
It is a distinct possibility with the two reported events not that far from each other.
Drug deal gone bad ?
Doubt it. These people were broke and picking brass for money to buy a gift.
You need money to buy drugs they tell me.
CCSO needs to answer some questions.

That one nugget they released "No danger to the public" (or however it was termed) is perplexing.

It is a distinct possibility with the two reported events not that far from each other.
Drug deal gone bad ?
Doubt it. These people were broke and picking brass for money to buy a gift.
You need money to buy drugs they tell me.
CCSO needs to answer some questions.

Some of the most broke people I ever met were into drugs. Tends to go hand in hand. 80-ish percent of homeless people are addicted to one substance or another. Ask @No_Regerts about it sometime.

I like my Freedom.
So do the Crazies.
The only recognizable spot from the pics isn't at a gravel pit.
I is an area just off the paved road.
Folks camp there, some shoot Clays over the valley.
Some Dufuses shot into the woods.

I am always cautious, especially since the Larch mtn murders.
I Always wear a Claymore on my back.
Now I'm thinking abt a pard one on the front..... o_O:rolleyes:

What would Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield have to say!!!!

Homicidal violence could be a lot of things. I don't think anyone reported they were "shot" it could have been a drug deal that went bad, an overdose, just as well as anything else. Unfortunate either way that it happened in the first place.

Jeez. Speculations like "deranged shooter" or similar don't do us gun owners a damn bit of good here guys. Let's not give any more reason to get these places shut down. I'm sure anti's would love to pin this on a "crazy gun owner". We don't even know if they were shot. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top