JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Appleseed will be hosted by the Wolverton Mountain Gun Club on Nov 7 & 8 <broken link removed>

Jefferson County Sportsmen's Association Nov 14 & 15 http://www.eventbrite.com/e/port-townsend-wa-appleseed-november-14-15-2015-tickets-14869927353

And Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Dec 12 & 13 http://www.eventbrite.com/e/eagle-creek-or-appleseed-december-12-13-2015-tickets-13359429413

These are the last 3 shoots in the PNW for 2015.

Come learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship. Standing, sitting, kneeling & prone, 6 steps of firing a shot, how to set up and use Natural Point Of Aim, how to zero your rifle using Inches, Minutes & Clicks - everything you need to know to engage a 20" target out to 500y.

Bring any rifle up to 8mm and about 400 rounds of ammunition. Something to lay on. A sack lunch, water and some high protein snacks to keep you going. Appleseed is not a women and kids .22 club - we are teaching fundamental rifle marksmanship. The same stuff the military taught in the 30's and 40's.

Cost is $60 for adults and $20 for youth. WMGC ($20) & DRRC ($10 for non-members) have an additional range fee.

Please help us spread the word by liking us on Facebook: Northwest Region Project Appleseed and sharing the flyer with your friends, neighbors and co-workers.

WMGCFlyer.jpg

JCSCflyer.jpg

DRRCflyer.jpg

We teach to a 4 MOA standard - 20" @500y. The skills don't really change until you get to around 800y and then you need everything we teach plus a little more. Past 1200, you need the skills we teach, that little bit more and then some more on top of that. The fundamentals are the fundamentals are the fundamentals. Once you master breath and trigger control (6 steps), position and NPOA all you need are your come ups and reading the wind.

Most of our shooting is done with scaled targets at 25m so many people use a .22. You can shoot anything up to 8mm including .308. We go through about 400 rounds in a weekend. Appleseed is a solid foundation to kick off your long range career.

Yes, we are by far the most bang for the buck as far as value goes. You will find dedicated marksmen ready to share with you what they know.

We teach to a 4 MOA standard - 20" @500y. The skills don't really change until you get to around 800y and then you need everything we teach plus a little more. Past 1200, you need the skills we teach, that little bit more and then some more on top of that. The fundamentals are the fundamentals are the fundamentals. Once you master breath and trigger control (6 steps), position and NPOA all you need are your come ups and reading the wind.

Most of our shooting is done with scaled targets at 25m so many people use a .22. You can shoot anything up to 8mm including .308. We go through about 400 rounds in a weekend. Appleseed is a solid foundation to kick off your long range career.

Yes, we are by far the most bang for the buck as far as value goes. You will find dedicated marksmen ready to share with you what they know.

Thanks, I signed up. Ordering a pallet of 308.

Bolus - I think you're going to love this, but do look at the course description. When I took it, and I want to take it again, but they are going to do the shooting at close range on some really tiny targets to simulate distance. Personally I think you get the most out of this course with open sights and a lot of concentration.

Enjoy. I may do the December course with my son again.

This weekend's event at Wolverton Mountain Gun Club has been cancelled due to low pre-registration. Port Townsend and Eagle Creek are both still on the schedule.

Thank you for the post!
I will be posting a link to my website for a raffle of some FrontSight training programs ($55,000 worth to be exact) I have some info up now but more is coming from the friend that is doing this raffle. He lives here in eastern Oregon. For now here is the link that is up, at the bottom of the page. There is a live link to FrontSight as well. Somebody is gonna get some killer deals.

http://www.downtoearththinking.com/firearms---ammo.html

enjoy the site as well and here is FB page https://www.facebook.com/Downtothinking

DowntoEarthPrepper.com and downtoearththinking.com are sister sites

Great training. I've been to three Appleseeds (two 'standard' shoots and one known distance shoot) and enjoyed them all immensely. I learn something new every time I go, and I'm going to the one in Port Townsend this weekend. All my previous shoots have been at Douglas Ridge, I'm looking forward to changing it up with a different range and different instructors for a different perspective. It's going to be a good weekend!

Just topping this thread. Signed up to shoot at the Douglas Ridge event in December. May have to attend Sunday only due to family commitment, OR if the family thing gets over soon enough I may be able to walk on the last part on Saturday.

In either case, I got the issues with the AR fixed so I'll be shooting centerfire hopefully!

Last NW Appleseed of the year is next weekend. Covered firing line so don't let that long range weather forecast scare you. Come out to learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.

Geez, for the price this has got to be the best clinic in existence!

I believe so. I took a two day Known Distance clinic last March and a one day "Qualifier" in July. I won't make it to any of the ones Kimber is promoting here, but will try to catch one early next year.
Even though I've been shooting since I was a little kid, I learned how to properly use a sling and then got a lot of practice doing so.
Now I feel very confident, and out to distances I'd never shot before, with my rifle.

Well worth the price of admission.

I have a shooter who can't make it this weekend but volunteered his ticket to someone else. If you would like to attend this weekend at DRRC please shoot me a PM.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top