JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really liked what KimberCustom said. It is a set of tools for you toolkit. You don't ever have to use what you learn but you can. I do the NPOA drills all the time for 600 yard benchrest. There is always something more to grab from that class.

My memory is terrible.. but wasn't there something about the most important thing you can bring is a "teachable attitude"?:) I'll be honest, I don't want hard core skeptics at events that I attend. We met great people and had an awesome time. Appleseed may not be for everyone. But I guess I have been "institutionalized"..o_O

I have attended four Appleseed events, one of them Full-Distance. They have all been great learning experiences. I brought a 10-year old and two teenagers to the last one and they had a great time, even though it was a 95F weekend and we were all burned by the metal on the slings. One of them shot Rifleman (211) on his first-ever training event and was really stoked at his accomplishment.

The "institutional" mentality helps ensure that their standards and values are preserved. Most groups have the same thing if they care about their mission. The all-volunteer staff (read that again slowly - all volunteer) come from both military and civilian backgrounds and go out of their way to make sure that every person has the teaching they need to improve their fundamentals. They run a safe event and enjoy teaching a little history and heritage at the same time. These events have no egos in attendance and quickly develop into supportive communities because of it.

If you want to hone your CQB skills or improve your 3-gun technique, Appleseed will not meet your needs. I respectfully suggest the critic finds instruction that does meet his needs, and keeps his fingers off his keyboard until he's sure what's behind his target.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top