JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
2 bystanders tried to intervene in a jewelry store robbery in a San Antonio mall - the first was unarmed and was shot and killed by the robbers, the second, a concealed carry holder, engaged them and shot one of the two robbers, the second got away.

Not sure what to make of this one. It doesn't sound like the CC holder was in any danger until he decided to engage the robbers, so I'm not sure if I would agree that was an appropriate use of a concealed handgun. Maybe he was trying to save the other guy's life? It isn't clear from the available info just yet.

The police are already indicating they are putting blame on both bystanders for intervening and making things go from bad to worse - no doubt the anti's will jump on this one to try and make the case that private citizens shouldn't carry. Personally, unless someone's life is in immediate danger, I don't see the reason for a private citizen to try and engage robbers like these - it's just stuff, insured stuff, let them go and let the cops track them down - jewelry isn't worth losing your life over.

Here are two articles on this:

<broken link removed>

1 dead, 6 injured in San Antonio mall shooting

Yah well, once they've engaged the other bystander, I'm not waiting for them to take me out!!!!!!

Let's play it back this way: you are in the store. BGs come in waving their guns around and pointing at people and you and threatening to kill ya'll. Do you wait for it to happen?

Yah well, once they've engaged the other bystander, I'm not waiting for them to take me out!!!!!!

Let's play it back this way: you are in the store. BGs come in waving their guns around and pointing at people and you and threatening to kill ya'll. Do you wait for it to happen?

As I've read the story, they had already left the store and the 2 bystanders decided to confront them in the parking lot - big difference from being cornered in a store. It sounds like these guys were trying to be heroes and one lost his life over it.

I'm waiting to hear more details to see how this truly played out. If it really was them approaching the guys after they left the store, that was not a wise move on their part.

As I've read the story, they had already left the store and the 2 bystanders decided to confront them in the parking lot - big difference from being cornered in a store. It sounds like these guys were trying to be heroes and one lost his life over it.

I'm waiting to hear more details to see how this truly played out. If it really was them approaching the guys after they left the store, that was not a wise move on their part.

Agreed.

Yes, I agree. They should have watched from a distance, gathered intel and relayed said Intel to the authorities. That's what I would have done. No better feeling than watching perps get busted with my help!!!!!

Last Edited:
Don't forget the bacon!!!!! So delish!!!!!

We like to cover the popcorn with parmesan cheese!

As far as confronting a thief that's left the area and hasn't harmed a person? That's not my "job".
Let them take off with the stuff and I'll try to give the police details that may help in their capture.
Once they shoot someone, I'm not sure what I'd do. I spose there are a lot of "what ifs" and the most important thing is to be able to take myself and my family home.

After posting original thoughts, I read the minimalist columns. Once I read that the other suspect went running and shooting, I'm thinking that's the kind of person that has no care for any human's life and they must be dealt with directly. Too bad there wasn't another armed citizen (or officer) there to stop the rampage.

I value human life highly, but when someone has so little concern for others, I kind of forget my values for a bit. Too bad both suspects didn't take some lead.

2 bystanders tried to intervene in a jewelry store robbery in a San Antonio mall - the first was unarmed and was shot and killed by the robbers, the second, a concealed carry holder, engaged them and shot one of the two robbers, the second got away.

Not sure what to make of this one. It doesn't sound like the CC holder was in any danger until he decided to engage the robbers, so I'm not sure if I would agree that was an appropriate use of a concealed handgun. Maybe he was trying to save the other guy's life? It isn't clear from the available info just yet.

The police are already indicating they are putting blame on both bystanders for intervening and making things go from bad to worse - no doubt the anti's will jump on this one to try and make the case that private citizens shouldn't carry. Personally, unless someone's life is in immediate danger, I don't see the reason for a private citizen to try and engage robbers like these - it's just stuff, insured stuff, let them go and let the cops track them down - jewelry isn't worth losing your life over.

Here are two articles on this:

<broken link removed>

1 dead, 6 injured in San Antonio mall shooting

This always gets some going but I have long said; see a robbery? No one is being taken hostage or shot? LEAVE IT ALONE. Too many people watch too much TV. While it sounds great to be the hero it seldom goes the way it does on TV. Pull a gun on armed dobads and they are VERY likely to start firing. The good guy may be some top shot who never misses. The problem is the dobad seldom is. If the dobad is going to take the "loot" and leave, and the good guy gets them shooting instead, well it's likely to NOT end well. If I see a robbery going down where the dobads are leaving with the loot, they can have it. I am not going to start a damn shootout over it.

Wouldn't go chasing someone down looking for a gunfight. Corner me or harm my family or dog. That's a different story. Then we'll see who has the most trigger time.

Wouldn't go chasing someone down looking for a gunfight. Corner me or harm my family or dog. That's a different story. Then we'll see who has the most trigger time.

YES, I have had a few think I was "over the line" there with the dog. I DON"T CARE. My dog is licensed and leashed when off my property. I LOVE animals but, if someones lose, aggressive, or stray dog tries to kill mine it will lose to me. People have told me "it's just a dog" and some versions of that. I don't care. I came real close to shooting a large Pit. Ball field CLEARLY marked leash scoop. Walk in woman 100 yards away with HUGE Pit, no leash. See's us and comes at dead run. Her running screaming at dog. Then screaming he does not bite. I picked up my dog and pulled a gun. This really got her screaming. He dog ran up and jumped up on me with it's front feet. The only reason it's sill alive is I could see the tail going as it got to me. It wanted to play. When she caught up she was QUITE pissed about gun. As I was putting it away I said that sign is there for you whether you agree or not and you are lucky your dog is still alive. I pulled cell phone out and told her I have no problem having the Police come show you how to read that sign. She started using some language other than English and I doubt she was telling me how happy she was I did not shoot her dog. She did pile in her car and take off out of there.

YES, I have had a few think I was "over the line" there with the dog. I DON"T CARE. My dog is licensed and leashed when off my property. I LOVE animals but, if someones lose, aggressive, or stray dog tries to kill mine it will lose to me.
Absolutely! I've not yet pulled a gun on a dog (in the city), but more than one has dealt with a swift kick. The only problem is, the owner is the one that deserves the swift kick...

Absolutely! I've not yet pulled a gun on a dog (in the city), but more than one has dealt with a swift kick. The only problem is, the owner is the one that deserves the swift kick...

Yes I have used OC on several and even that made me feel bad. It's not the damn dogs fault, it's the idiot who owns it. Wife bought me a body cam over a decade ago for just this reason. She was scared one time when I came home and Animal Control and Police had been to the house. I told her it was only because I was swearing out a complaint against another dog owner. Owner got real upset that I told him I would control his loose dog for him and he wanted to make it a fight. A$$hats with dogs like that always seem to blame everyone else for the problems their dogs cause.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top