JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How has this thread not been closed? Seems to me it stopped being about guns a bit ago and is now just a union rant.
For what its worth, i'm sure there are some good unions, but my experience has been with the teamsters and seiu, both of which seemed more like crooks than protectors to me...

it was never about guns in the first place guns were mentioned just to follow the line on gun related talk. it was about wm bashing because they are not unionized

I guess having 1 over paid union worker instead of 5 people working selling the the same imported stuff instead of quality American made products is better

So you're saying five people having jobs (even if they are part time) is worse than one person working? Hmm....those other four families might disagree with you

Gun owners avoiding Walmart may have the opposite affect then many realize.

Walmart allows open carry for now, as they cater to gun enthusiast and hunters. Some other types of stores will not allow open carry or even concealed. If we stop buying sports products they will have free access to end sports all together. Sear, Kmart to name a few all over the years started fazing out their sporting goods ( we have a stamped Sear/Winchester 12 gauge pretty cool ) and they are still in business. Walmart is in the position that we need them they do not need us. Milk, bread, car batteries, diapers, towels, sheets medication are all much cheaper there. They would not miss the few hundred in lost gun sales.

Case in point if Walmart sold 10 rifles a day in a store say and average of $400 each they can make that up 4000 in 10 minutes at the checkout in ANYTown USA. Why it is unpopular if you want to have a say in what they sell then buy more not less.
Walmart determined what is important based on sales not opinions, they stop selling ammo they may stop carrying it all together and the dog in the fight for the gun owner at Walmart is over !

Go away pauly

I support Walmart because they are pro gun.

A national store which proudly shows a AR with 30 round mag for sale on black friday, is someone I can support

they sell ammo and good prices

They are anti union

I think I'll go there today and spend more money there today just to tick you off.

look a hostess the unions ran them out of business 82 years down the toilet[/B]
and any other private business that disagrees with them.

And I suppose the top CEO,VP ,and the top brass (They are non union) that gave them selves 80% plus raises while telling the Union workers the needed to take ownership and cuts had no bearing on the Twinkies company going under.

I've been an IBEW member working in the Pacific Northwest for 25+ years After an Honorable discharge from the US Army, and every time Mother nature turns your power off we are there to take the trees off and make sure your back in Business. Lazy Union hands Don't last and will not be tolerated in My trade. Anyone who thinks all unions hands are lazy really don't know bubblegum.
No I don't agree with the union on all things and (management in union company's are non-union) like who I vote for or where I shop but I due try not to buy any cheap imported products if possible, All i know is in the last four years my insurance and retirement have taken a bad turn,so we shop for the best BANG for the buck.
As far as Wal-Mart, I have known a couple of people that worked there, none stayed very long and moved on as soon as they could find a better job. And all Safeway store are Union as far as I know. We shop where we can get what we need for a good price union or non-union, If you wanna pay the tab I will go where ever you want till then Piss Off[/QUOTE]

Right on Brother. I'm a retired IBEW Local 46 member who has worked union shops since I was 18 years old and proud of it. It was our forefathers that paid the dear price to strike for an universal 5 day workweek, off-shift differentials, holidays off and a decent healthcare/retirement package. In the construction field, holidays are observed but not paid. Vacations are taken but not paid. Sick leave can be taken, but none paid. And yes, all trades adhere to a Code of Excellence....I've yet to see very many "lazy asses" on any large job who weren't management kin. As we know in the construction field, the main difference between union contractors and non-union contractors are the wages the owner pay their employees. Think about it, material costs are generally the same, administrative overhead the same, facilities, transportation, and equipment costs roughly the same, technology generally the same and so on amongst competitors within the same field. What surprises most people is that non-union contractors often charge just as much as union contractors or slightly below, and pocket the difference between a unionized worker's wages and a lesser paid-unrepresented worker with little if any benefits. How many people can even raise their hand and say their company provides a pension for their retirement these days? Not a "profit sharing" plan, but a retirement plan that allows a worker who busts his *** and body for decades an honorable earlier retirement before the age of 66 as in my case? How many people feel confident that their company's Human Resources Department will represent them fairly and justly in the event of an incident or grievance? The unions of yesteryear and represented in movies from Hollywood are not the unions of today. Would you really rather fly on a plane or ride a train or bus piloted by lower paid, possibly disgruntled and lesser trained person? Would you prefer to be treated in a hospital that provided dangerously fewer shift nurses on duty? How about your police, fire and emergency service personnel? Unionized service workers are all around you, and you should be thankful if not knowledgeable about them before expressing your opinion in public.

On the subject of WalMart how many people know that the first unionized WalMart was established in 2008 in China? How is it in an oppressive/communist country such as China, workers have won the right to organize and be represented by their peers, whereas the movement has just begun in the U.S.? Apple, Panasonic and Toyota factory workers in China have also staged multiple worker stoppages the past two years in order to voice their grievances.

The top multi-billionaires in both China and the U.S. are WalMart executives. Shame on them for taking advantage of an unorganized labor pool who have little option but to work for low wages and little or any benefits. At least here in America, our rights to protest, to band together and organize are still intact. Here again, it was our forefathers who spilt their blood so we may continue to enjoy our rights and freedoms.

you're overreacting over some wording on a sign. there are more pressing matters to be concerned with. last i checked, winchester and remmington ammunition is made in america. i don't see how buying that stuff is supporting communist china. being carded is a way of my life, because i look way younger than i actually am. i can still pass off for being a high schooler. it doesn't offend me. my eternal youthful looks will help when i'm in the middle of my mid-life crisis, because i'll be banging some younger, hotter, and slimmer ladies.

you should be glad some locations care enough to verify if somebody is old enough to buy certain items. i occasionally buy ammo from malwart due to the cheaper prices compared to most places. by the way, the best walmart in SW washington is located in woodland. it feels more like a super target. you don't have the same crowd in there like you would find at any of the malwarts in vancouver.

Why doesn't it apply to voting?

Wow guys, people complaining about the wording of a company SELLING ammo.

Yes.

you're overreacting over some wording on a sign.

Yes.

they are one of the few remaining department type stores that even still sells guns and ammo.

Fred Meyers certainly does still sell guns and ammo.

Yes.

Which Fred Meyer is this? I have not seen one in years that has had guns or ammo

Snohomish Fred Meyer.

and little white women with 5 teeth.

racist

I'm a union member and I work my arse off. I take extreme pride in my craftsmanship

Exactly the kind of people I would want for a neighbor. Please don’t vote for the Democrats next election just because they’re dangling a carrot.

If they were anti-2A, it would make sense that they would stop carrying it all together

Of course. Finally somebody gets it.

So you're saying five people having jobs (even if they are part time) is worse than one person working? Hmm....those other four families might disagree with you

Good one.

I support Walmart because they are pro gun

Yes yes yes yes yes

And I suppose the top CEO,VP ,and the top brass (They are non union) that gave them selves 80% plus raises while telling the Union workers the needed to take ownership and cuts had no bearing on the Twinkies company going under.

I've been an IBEW member working in the Pacific Northwest for 25+ years After an Honorable discharge from the US Army, and every time Mother nature turns your power off we are there to take the trees off and make sure your back in Business. Lazy Union hands Don't last and will not be tolerated in My trade. Anyone who thinks all unions hands are lazy really don't know bubblegum.
No I don't agree with the union on all things and (management in union company's are non-union) like who I vote for or where I shop but I due try not to buy any cheap imported products if possible, All i know is in the last four years my insurance and retirement have taken a bad turn,so we shop for the best BANG for the buck.
As far as Wal-Mart, I have known a couple of people that worked there, none stayed very long and moved on as soon as they could find a better job. And all Safeway store are Union as far as I know. We shop where we can get what we need for a good price union or non-union, If you wanna pay the tab I will go where ever you want till then Piss Off

Right on Brother. I'm a retired IBEW Local 46 member who has worked union shops since I was 18 years old and proud of it. It was our forefathers that paid the dear price to strike for an universal 5 day workweek, off-shift differentials, holidays off and a decent healthcare/retirement package. In the construction field, holidays are observed but not paid. Vacations are taken but not paid. Sick leave can be taken, but none paid. And yes, all trades adhere to a Code of Excellence....I've yet to see very many "lazy asses" on any large job who weren't management kin. As we know in the construction field, the main difference between union contractors and non-union contractors are the wages the owner pay their employees. Think about it, material costs are generally the same, administrative overhead the same, facilities, transportation, and equipment costs roughly the same, technology generally the same and so on amongst competitors within the same field. What surprises most people is that non-union contractors often charge just as much as union contractors or slightly below, and pocket the difference between a unionized worker's wages and a lesser paid-unrepresented worker with little if any benefits. How many people can even raise their hand and say their company provides a pension for their retirement these days? Not a "profit sharing" plan, but a retirement plan that allows a worker who busts his *** and body for decades an honorable earlier retirement before the age of 66 as in my case? How many people feel confident that their company's Human Resources Department will represent them fairly and justly in the event of an incident or grievance? The unions of yesteryear and represented in movies from Hollywood are not the unions of today. Would you really rather fly on a plane or ride a train or bus piloted by lower paid, possibly disgruntled and lesser trained person? Would you prefer to be treated in a hospital that provided dangerously fewer shift nurses on duty? How about your police, fire and emergency service personnel? Unionized service workers are all around you, and you should be thankful if not knowledgeable about them before expressing your opinion in public.

On the subject of WalMart how many people know that the first unionized WalMart was established in 2008 in China? How is it in an oppressive/communist country such as China, workers have won the right to organize and be represented by their peers, whereas the movement has just begun in the U.S.? Apple, Panasonic and Toyota factory workers in China have also staged multiple worker stoppages the past two years in order to voice their grievances.

The top multi-billionaires in both China and the U.S. are WalMart executives. Shame on them for taking advantage of an unorganized labor pool who have little option but to work for low wages and little or any benefits. At least here in America, our rights to protest, to band together and organize are still intact. Here again, it was our forefathers who spilt their blood so we may continue to enjoy our rights and freedoms.[/QUOTE]

Yup^^ Some Unions maybe bad. But Construction if you don't work you don't get paid. Doubt many ppl can keep up with a Union Ironworker work wise. Not many. But for me it's not if you go Union or not. There alot of good Non Union Companies who pay there ppl a fare wage. I always try to buy made in Usa I know a few ppl who lost there jobs when Co outsourced. And it really doesn't cost more. ~ Work Boots , Gloves Guns ect. But I will still buy Foreign if it's quality like from German or Japan..Just not crap.

unions suck and walmart rocks..

sometimes I hate the retards on this site

eb6.jpg

I'ts good to disagree or agree just post your opinion in a Civil manner. Face to face I would like to see ppl talk like they do on the internet.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads