JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
look a hostess the unions ran them out of business 82 years down the toilet[/B]
and any other private business that disagrees with them.[/QUOTE]

And I suppose the top CEO,VP ,and the top brass (They are non union) that gave them selves 80% plus raises while telling the Union workers the needed to take ownership and cuts had no bearing on the Twinkies company going under.

I've been an IBEW member working in the Pacific Northwest for 25+ years After an Honorable discharge from the US Army, and every time Mother nature turns your power off we are there to take the trees off and make sure your back in Business. Lazy Union hands Don't last and will not be tolerated in My trade. Anyone who thinks all unions hands are lazy really don't know bubblegum.
No I don't agree with the union on all things and (management in union company's are non-union) like who I vote for or where I shop but I due try not to buy any cheap imported products if possible, All i know is in the last four years my insurance and retirement have taken a bad turn,so we shop for the best BANG for the buck.
As far as Wal-Mart, I have known a couple of people that worked there, none stayed very long and moved on as soon as they could find a better job. And all Safeway store are Union as far as I know. We shop where we can get what we need for a good price union or non-union, If you wanna pay the tab I will go where ever you want till then Piss Off

All the big chains sell "cheap Chinese crap." If you want to help subsidize the union workers family by paying 10/30% more for the same product, God bless you ! I prefer to spend my money on my family.............

Wonder why Walmart is the way it is ?

NEED I SAY MORE photo.jpg

photo.jpg

I guess I don't get what you mean... That they have the forethought to have law enforcement on scene? Or that the cops were looking to have a little fun during their shift?

If they were anti-2A, it would make sense that they would stop carrying it all together.
And, trying to stop people from buying Chinese stuff is pointless. Those who worry themselves with craftsmanship and durability already know the score and there will always be people who prefer locally produced items. The WM at Wood Village/Troutdale had people parked 1/4 mile away when I drove by last night at 11pm. The simple fact is...people don't care. Besides, find me ANY store that deals in primarily American made goods. The masses have spoken and they don't care about their neighbor's job as much as their own lifestyle. Why should they? Very few people even know their neighbors.

Those poor walmart employees, chained to the registers and forced to work for so little money...selling imported stuff instead of quality American made products. I feel so sorry for them.

As for the whole 2nd Amendment argument, the second amendment has no bearing on the ID required to purchase a firearm. Now, whether the whole GCA of 68 would stand muster now that the Supremes have ruled that the 2nd is incorporated is another issue....but having ID and showing it to purchase a firearm is something that is in the rule books... I know, some people don't like it, but that's the way things are right now. Was the signage incorrect about "federal" id? Sure, but it's a sign in WalMart. Who cares?

I've been an IBEW member working in the Pacific Northwest for 25+ years After an Honorable discharge from the US Army, and every time Mother nature turns your power off we are there to take the trees off and make sure your back in Business. Lazy Union hands Don't last and will not be tolerated in My trade. Anyone who thinks all unions hands are lazy really don't know bubblegum.
No I don't agree with the union on all things and (management in union company's are non-union) like who I vote for or where I shop but I due try not to buy any cheap imported products if possible, All i know is in the last four years my insurance and retirement have taken a bad turn,so we shop for the best BANG for the buck.
As far as Wal-Mart, I have known a couple of people that worked there, none stayed very long and moved on as soon as they could find a better job. And all Safeway store are Union as far as I know. We shop where we can get what we need for a good price union or non-union, If you wanna pay the tab I will go where ever you want till then Piss Off

I worked for a company called Roth Heating in Canby for close to 9-yrs. Every year the medical insurance premiums for the family kept going up, or the covered benefits were reduced. You NEVER got any inflation adjustment on your wage (in essence a pay cut) even though the front office would raise their prices for inflation.

The owner started out with profit-sharing for vested employees, but that went by the wayside. He'd always say, "we're all a team and in this together", while always cutting things back like working hours, etc. All the while he was buying $10k and $15k shotguns and other toys. Do I have a problem with business owners buying big-ticket items for themselves? Not at all, they take all the risks and eat, sleep, and breath their business... Just don't blow smoke up my arse about "being in this together" when I can barely make the bills, and not paying me for the skills I posses and use to make you enough money to drop on five figure shotguns from Belgium.

Also, in my local union, UA290 (and nationally) we have a "Standard of Excellence" policy, for which I'm spending two three-hour evening classes a week (for six weeks) on becoming the "teeth" in that policy since I'm in a supervisory position with my employer. Lazy "union thugs" are about to become an endangered species within my union because we're "cleaning house" in that regard, and I couldn't be happier about it.

How is it that with all the bull chips flying that not once has the OP said he ask the store manager about the sigh and pointed out the inaccurate information. I read the posts and did not see it.
Pauly since you called me a tratior would you be so kind to send me your legal name and address so I may file slander charges against you.

Show me any union member that isn't a lazy jackass? There isn't any such thing.

Walmart is a good store. I don't shop there very often, but when I do , I never have any bad experiences. Usually if I'm there it is to purchase ammo because I got behind on my reloading. I have never been carded to purchase ammo and the employees have always acted professional. I will certainly continue to shop there

Great quote. Got to love ignorance.

This and the fact that they video tape all firearm transactions is part of the reason I dont shop there but not the main reasons.

Walmart has cameras everywhere but the bathrooms well over 100 of them they have you on video from parking lot to front doors through out the store and out the door even in the back rooms. They are everywhere......

unionized stores are complete garbage. have you shopped at more than a few safeway stores? the older ones are unionized. go into the newer stores and you'll see how the costumer service is compared to those union stores. the difference is night and day. i prefer the non-union stores due to the fact the store employees are much more pleasant to deal with, and the service in them is far more superior than the lazy unionized prick stores.

Do you ever order anything from UPS?

I'm a "lazy, unionized prick" UPS driver who busts his *** for 55 to 60 hours a week to provide a living wage and medical benefits for my family.

I donate some of my lazy unionized prick wages to local charities, and I spend my lazy unionized prick wages to support the businesses in my community. My lazy unionized prick taxes also go to support local schools and government that benefit the people like you who dont know a damn thing about me except that I am a lazy unionized prick.

I would love to show you the X rays of my back and knees so that you could see what 26 years of being a lazy unionized prick UPS driver does to the human body...but its probably just easier for you to continue buying into ignorant stereotypes than it is for you to base your opinions on any facts.

Have a nice day.

How has this thread not been closed? Seems to me it stopped being about guns a bit ago and is now just a union rant.
For what its worth, i'm sure there are some good unions, but my experience has been with the teamsters and seiu, both of which seemed more like crooks than protectors to me...

As a very satisfied UPS customer I would like to thank you "Pricks" for the good work. This thread shows just how bone stupid people can be.
Do you ever order anything from UPS?

I'm a "lazy, unionized prick" UPS driver who busts his *** for 55 to 60 hours a week to provide a living wage and medical benefits for my family.

I donate some of my lazy unionized prick wages to local charities, and I spend my lazy unionized prick wages to support the businesses in my community. My lazy unionized prick taxes also go to support local schools and government that benefit the people like you who dont know a damn thing about me except that I am a lazy unionized prick.

I would love to show you the X rays of my back and knees so that you could see what 26 years of being a lazy unionized prick UPS driver does to the human body...but its probably just easier for you to continue buying into ignorant stereotypes than it is for you to base your opinions on any facts.

Have a nice day.

One-Eyed Ross;715398[COLOR="#B22222" said:
]Those poor walmart employees, chained to the registers and forced to work for so little money...selling imported stuff instead of quality American made products. I feel so sorry for them.[/COLOR]

As for the whole 2nd Amendment argument, the second amendment has no bearing on the ID required to purchase a firearm. Now, whether the whole GCA of 68 would stand muster now that the Supremes have ruled that the 2nd is incorporated is another issue....but having ID and showing it to purchase a firearm is something that is in the rule books... I know, some people don't like it, but that's the way things are right now. Was the signage incorrect about "federal" id? Sure, but it's a sign in WalMart. Who cares?

I guess having 1 over paid union worker instead of 5 people working selling the the same imported stuff instead of quality American made products is better

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads