JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IF every gun owner, rated at 42% of the USA population,(that equals 137,628,227) each gave $20 bucks, we'd have a $2,752,564,540.00 war chest to fight with. That's 2.7 BILLION dollars people!

That should get us started in fighting 1639 & the other crap that's shoved up our backsides. I gave mine to SAF, GOA & NRA.

Dan

And we would need to fund candidates who are not beholden to corporate interests.
If used for a legal fund, it would just become yachts and jets for lawyers like the schmucks who fought the tobacco "class action" suits.

I already belong to OFF, SAF and a few others I can't remember. Maybe i'll join the NRA (again) just because of the pure numbers argument.

I already belong to OFF, SAF and a few others I can't remember. Maybe i'll join the NRA (again) just because of the pure numbers argument.
That would be good. Any 2nd Amendment supporter should just to give numbers if anything else. 20 million plus members have more power than 5 million plus members. IMHO.

lofty goal.....
however most gun owners do not donate to the cause, or we would have that war chest already would we not? after all we've been under constant attack for the past 4 years in Oregon & no one can say they didnt know the gun grabbers are on the offense :rolleyes:
gun owners cant even vote to save themselves, Imagine if every county in oregon but portlands, were to pass measures to make all the counties 2nd amendment sanctuaries, that would speak volumes, and worth more than money!
sadly copying another counties petition and garnering signatures apparently was too much to ask.

I will continue to donate money and time,
Im an optimist but Im a realist first! Im getting MY act together.

That's a large number...
Pa said if yer gonna wish for stuff ya can't never have, go big! :)

I gave at the office.
Ya but ya gave it to Tom & he spent it at the bar, we're gonna need another $20 but don't give it to Tom. :p

Here's some twitter words of wisdom from an 88YO ex-Marine gentleman by the name of Thomas Sowell that sounds familiar...
"One of these days the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals may declare the Constitution unconstitutional."
I hope to heck he's wrong but given the education & mentality coming out of the colleges today... :(:(

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is so many gun owners aren't principled activists

Sad, but true. I've seen figures as low as 30% and as high as the often quoted 42% for Americans who own at least firearms. Most of them, however, don't seem to be particularly active. If a voting block that large, however, got serious, it would be very formidable indeed.

All four souls in this household are National Rifle Association (NRA) members. Beyond that, I am also a dues paying member of the Oregon Firearms Federation, American Suppressor Association, and Oregon Outdoor Council. If I can do more, I will.

However, our state-level government seems hell-bent on destroying our rights within the next few months. I hope that is not the case, but I'm not seeing any indication to the contrary.

I read some stats about our recent election here in washington
and something like 43% of gun owners couldn't be bothered to get their fat azzes of the couch and go VOTE
( Ahh that will never pass ) well it did and I want to be optimisic that it will get shut down by Supreme Courts but the way the commie libs do things I find it hard to believe it will be
we should all get ready for reallity it's knocking on our doors :s0137:

IF every gun owner, rated at 42% of the USA population,(that equals 137,628,227) each gave $20 bucks, we'd have a $2,752,564,540.00 war chest to fight with. That's 2.7 BILLION dollars people!

That should get us started in fighting 1639 & the other crap that's shoved up our backsides. I gave mine to SAF, GOA & NRA.

Dan

It is notable that Sam Carpenter got 90,000 votes in the primary. The 'Oregon Firearms Advocates' group on FB has 114,000 followers!!:s0160: The roar of apathy is deafening!!

Many have died in order that we have these Civil Rights.

Let's look at the breakdown on I-1639:
60% of ballots cast for, 40% against
HOWEVER...
only 40% of registered voters returned ballots

It doesn't take a math teacher to work these numbers. .6 x .4 = .24 ONE QUARTER of the state (stares evilly at Seattle) p*sses in the other THREE's punchbowl, with only SIXTEEN PERCENT of us speaking out in opposition.

Listen up, gun owners: Get involved with your checkbooks and at the ballot box or have a nice hot cup of SHUT THE F*** UP!

OFF and the NRA already spend money where they shouldn't, and waste it, I can imagine the wide eyes of getting a few billion would be wasted like is done now with allot less.

Talk to people you meet, strike up a conversation and then ask them if they heard of I 594 and I-1639. If not then it's pretty damn obvious that they did not vote for or against them. Now, if you have the time tell them just exactly what snuck up under their noses....
Hopefully that will be enough to put a spark in their butt and get them on bored but sadly I know that is a pipe dream. There's no hope that we can beat these liberal progressives on the West Coast.

Sorry for sounding down but I am tired.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads