JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would love to hear any and all thoughts impressions pros and cons on the 2.0 .40cal compact. The 4" or 3.6". I have a FS Gen 1 9mm but have always liked the 40. Owned a G22 it was way to blocky in my hand so I traded it for my 9. Recently shot a Gen 1 M&P .40 didn't seem near and snappy as the 22. And shot it well! Thanks in advance to all who comment.

I carried the 4 inch M&P40c 2.0 until I gifted it to my nephew. Feels great in the hand, shot very soft, accurate. I let it go mainly because I prefer the full size gun. I'm a big guy and can hide most full size guns, so I temd to do that. If carrying IWB, you'll want to wear an undershirt or maybe even go with Talon grips. The 2.0 grip texture doesn't bother my hands, but it is rough on the soft spots.

I carried the 4 inch M&P40c 2.0 until I gifted it to my nephew. Feels great in the hand, shot very soft, accurate. I let it go mainly because I prefer the full size gun. I'm a big guy and can hide most full size guns, so I temd to do that. If carrying IWB, you'll want to wear an undershirt or maybe even go with Talon grips. The 2.0 grip texture doesn't bother my hands, but it is rough on the soft spots.
I would imagine the new texture is a bit rough in the stomach or sides.

I too got rid of my Glock 22 .40 S&W for a M&P 2.0 .40 Compact. Love the way it shoots, just don't care for the grip texture for IWB Carry. It's thus been relegated to bedside duty with a light attached and the longer 15 round mags with the included sleeve so they fit. Using Remington Golden Saber 165 gr. that Lucky Gunner tests showed excellent performance:
1150 - Muzzle Velocity (ft/sec)
485 - Muzzle Energy (lb/ft)
5 Shot Avg: 17.2" Penetration
5 Shot Avg: 0.726" Diameter

Good points. I really like my 2.0 in 9mm. The 2.0's are great firearms. @NU9MM I don't think you'll regret picking one up! :)

Several different methods to smooth up the 2.0 grips but I like the texture and it will smooth
up with time. I have been using a 5", 9 mm 2.0 for IDPA for the last couple of years. I really like
the low recoil and accuracy. I recently shot my 4.6 inch full size 45 2.0 along side a 1911 45.
The 1911 is heavier but the 2.0 has considerably less recoil and is more accurate. Picked up
a 4 inch compact 2.0 9 mm. Simalr in size to a Glock 19. Love it great size carry gun.
Full size SA 1911 45 acp VS. Full size 4.6" 2.0 45 acp

I do like the new 2.0 compact platform. Looking very hard at the .40 in either the 4" or 3.6" version. Already have the original M&P FS 9. That's why I was curious what y'all who have with of the either 4" or 3.6" think about as far as accuracy felt recoil etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top