JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shot the first gen .40 Shield and it wasn't any pleasure to shoot, especially trying rapid fire strings. After 50 rounds you will want to shoot something else that's softer recoiling and less jumpy. My 9mm Shield on the other hand is a fun little pistol

Shot the first gen .40 Shield and it wasn't any pleasure to shoot, especially trying rapid fire strings. After 50 rounds you will want to shoot something else that's softer recoiling and less jumpy. My 9mm Shield on the other hand is a fun little pistol
My heart is really set on the 2.0 .40 compact. But just wanted some feedback on the .40 Shield.

It depends on how much you plan to shoot it. If it's gonna be a gun you carry then you gonna wanna have alot of practice with it. And like coyotecaller said above after rapid or even slow fire for over about 50 rounds it starts to get to ya. I love the 40 caliber round but in a subcompact handgun it's not so ideal. I'd go m&p shield 2.0 45acp not bad at all can shoot the snot out of it no issue. If you mind is not set on the shield move up to the 2.0 compact in 40.

It depends on how much you plan to shoot it. If it's gonna be a gun you carry then you gonna wanna have alot of practice with it. And like coyotecaller said above after rapid or even slow fire for over about 50 rounds it starts to get to ya. I love the 40 caliber round but in a subcompact handgun it's not so ideal. I'd go m&p shield 2.0 45acp not bad at all can shoot the snot out of it no issue. If you mind is not set on the shield move up to the 2.0 compact in 40.
Yeah I'm really leaning towards the 2.0 .40 compact.

It's a good gun! Fits good! Not super snappy, although if you do ever end up planning on tradeing or selling 40s&w is not a super popular round anymore. 9mm is to trade or sell for a different gun if you change you're mind. The 2 piece triggers on the m&ps have always kind have thrown me off it can be replaced with the Apex trigger if you want to spend the extra. The 2.0 texture is a little aggressive for carry as it has ate up a couple of my shirts! At 13+1 should be good to go! Has steel sights personally better than the polymer sights on the Glock 23.

It's a good gun! Fits good! Not super snappy, although if you do ever end up planning on tradeing or selling 40s&w is not a super popular round anymore. 9mm is to trade or sell for a different gun if you change you're mind. The 2 piece triggers on the m&ps have always kind have thrown me off it can be replaced with the Apex trigger if you want to spend the extra. The 2.0 texture is a little aggressive for carry as it has ate up a couple of my shirts! At 13+1 should be good to go! Has steel sights personally better than the polymer sights on the Glock 23.
No once I have it it's not going anywhere. I do have a 1.0 FS M&P 9mm.

The pistol is great but the .40 cartridge is a bit strong vs. the 9mm in that gun. MUCH cheaper to shoot 9mm too. It also depends on why a .40. If you compare the cartridges/ballistics, there are are 9's out there to do most jobs.

The pistol is great but the .40 cartridge is a bit strong vs. the 9mm in that gun. MUCH cheaper to shoot 9mm too. It also depends on why a .40. If you compare the cartridges/ballistics, there are are 9's out there to do most jobs.
I have always been a huge fan of the .40, a buddy asked me if you want to go up in caliber why not a 45. I've honestly never shot a 45.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top