JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Leupold VxR PATROL with green dot, a Steiner with a red dot and a bunch of Burris (LRS and Mtac) with red dots. All 1-4x. It's a hard thing to admit that after spending $800 for the Leupold and $500 plus for the Steiner... that the much less expensive Burris at $300 (bought most of mine used or on sale) are the scopes I've shot my best scores with. From a target shooting standpoint, theirs with the Ballilstic CQ reticle allows me to precisely center that large dot within the bullseye of the NRA high power targets. Dot is larger than what most people want but I've found its larger diameter (.66mil or 2.23MOA) tricks me into thinking it isn't bouncing around the bullseye like the smaller dots will, causing me to want to snatch the shot which results in a shot value lower than desired. The Leupold and Steiner will illuminate at high noon enough to use their electronics, where as the Burris won't. But in the noon time sun I don't really need an illuminated reticle anyway. Mounting a dark filter on the front of the Burris (like putting sunglasses on) makes its' illuminated dot standout at noon time if I need it to. The ½MOA adjustments on it and the Steiner don't compare favorably with the Leupold ¼MOA for ease of adjustments when shooting across the course where we shoot at varying distances out to 600yd. But for close in shooting, where making elevation adjustments are rare or miniscule... the Burris is better. Apologies to my wallet.

I've got a currently discontinued Vortex Viper PST 1-4 and I freaking love it. Got it off Dvor during a sale for $300 I think. Has a great reticle and works very much like a Acog in my eyes but with better eye relief.

1574702298840.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top