JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one use a 1X fixed power scope on your AR with a front sight post? My upper has an A2 front sight post and I was thinking of a 1 power fixed magnification scope for my aging eyes. Just wanted to know if there were any issues with the post obstructing the view?

With the correct riser you'll be fine. But......1X is NO magnification. Like a red dot.......

I was looking at this one from Primary Arms with a focus on the end.

PAC1X-ACSS-CYCLOPS_07[3].jpg

That Primary Arms Prism is the best (in my opinion) small scope PA offers with their ACSS reticle as the 3x and 5x have horrible eye reliefs. Unless you like eye reliefs that require your face 2-4" from the optic.

This prism is essentially a red dot with a much more "unlimited" eye relief. Don't be confused by the 1x, that's essentially all red dots.

The ACSS reticle does actually work well. With the ammo and barrel lengths they state it works with.

Been there done that when the whole "Co-Witness" thing came down on us in the Mil! Not a bad idea really, but I would go with ether a Holo-Sight, or a Dot type sight so I could Co-Witness against my front sight! Other then that, having a 4X optic on the rail ( or carry handle with see through mount in my case) works well too! ;)

I have a NIB Vortex Sparc II to put on it but, the focus feature allured me to the PA Cyclops. I was also told to use PA's .59 base to bring the scope above the sight post in order to see the reticle without obstruction.

I have a NIB Vortex Sparc II to put on it but, the focus feature allured me to the PA Cyclops. I was also told to use PA's .59 base to bring the scope above the sight post in order to see the reticle without obstruction.

With a true 1x optic focus should be a non-issue. If it's blurry get your eyes checked. Or a better quality optic.

And congrats on the new upper! That's one way to skin the cat! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads