JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I picked up a used Baretta AL 391 from Cabella's for what I thought was a good price ($1000) considering it included 2 full sets of furniture (fake wood and a black/grey poly set), a 30" and 26" barrel and 6 chokes. it was pretty dirty, but after a good cleaning it was in great shape.

I went out yesterday to Tri-county Gun Club and shot sporting clays with a friend. I have never done any shotgun sports, but boy was it fun. I had a great time and shot about 45% which I though was pretty good for a first time. Honestly I expected to not hit anything as I learned.

I just wanted to say hi to this sub-form and say I think I have a new favorite gun sport. Looking forward to learning more and doing a lot of practice.

Sporting clays is one of those funny things where I really suck at it, but it's a ton of fun.

Probably has something to do with the way the clays explode when you hit them dead on. Satisfying.

Probably has something to do with the way the clays explode when you hit them dead on. Satisfying.

I think that may be it as well as the very binary hit or miss of each shot. No looking at the target afterwards and seeing all the "not 10 ring" shots that you could have done better. You shoot and you either hit or miss and then you move on to the next shot. I really should have tried clays a long time ago.

Well hi.
Sounds like a great time. My first time I went about 50% as well. I had to train myself not to focus
on the bead sight on my shotgun so much
Its like a semi-casual addiction I have now, I have my own thrower now and go out to the woods and bust clays
with my friends.
Good times

Well hi.
Sounds like a great time. My first time I went about 50% as well. I had to train myself not to focus
on the bead sight on my shotgun so much
Its like a semi-casual addiction I have now, I have my own thrower now and go out to the woods and bust clays
with my friends.
Good times

I have been watching some videos and they mentioned not watching the bead. I will be trying that out next time I go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top