JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the many many guns I've been fortunate to own, I've never had to send a gun back to the manufacturer. That is until now. A couple months back I ordered an Ak47 from Palmetto State armory after being convinced from watching Rob Ski's torture test. For those who do not know him, Rob is part of the AK operators Union and his opinions get heavily regarded in the AK world. Anyways, when I received the gun, fresh out the box the finish made my NPAP look like a mercedes. The finish on the barrel was slightly brown and the finish on the receiver looked like it had tons and tons of small scratches. Also, around the edge of the gas tube were dings along with the rear sight. It's an AK I thought, whatever.

The first thing I did to it was change out the moe accessories with the magpul zhukov stuff because I'm a big fan of the zhukov look. Everything goes smoothly until I try to re-install the upper handguard/ gas tube back. It just wouldn't seat into the gas block and the rotating locking pin wouldn't allow the gas tube to go all the way in. Finally, after lots of elbow grease I got the gas tube to seat where it belongs by using a rubber mallet. I think to myself, "I will have to get around removing this piece when I do a cleaning." Then the light bulb turns on and I realize that whoever put this together at psa had the same issue, hence the gashes on the rear sight and edge of gas tube I remembered seeing fresh out the box. Again, my thought was it's an AK... it was made to be robust, not a beauty contestant.

A couple weeks ago I get to the range and put 150 rounds through it. As a buddy takes over on the 3rd magazine (each magazine was fully loaded using the same tulammo 30 rounds), first round fires and then ftf, fte.... Oh boy... we realize the gas tube is loose so my buddy somehow forces the gas tube back in with his own hands after turning green. The rifle fires everything else flawlessly after. Being that I spent a lot of hard earned money on this AK at a time where I could hardly afford to, I felt my conscience tell me to call up PSA and have them fix it.

Just got off the phone with them and they are sending me a shipping label. Let's see how this goes. I have read several stories like, mostly good luck, about those of you who had to send your guns back but none of them were with psa. I'm only a little concerned because their customer service sucks when you're waiting for your items after a month that but surprisingly on my first call attempt I got to someone almost immediately.

Last Edited:
I got a out of spec upper from them a bit ago. It wouldn't mate to any of my lowers or any of my friends lowers. You could put one pin in, but not the other without serious force ( tapping it in with a mallet.) It didn't matter which pin you put in first, the other would not go in. I called their customer service, and talked to a person within 5 minutes of holding. I explained what my problem was, and he said they would send me a shipping label via email. Sent it off that day and they got it a week later (UPS is slow) the same day they got it, they informed me a replacement was on the way. One week later, I received an upgraded upper for my inconvenience. I cannot say enough good about the service and treatment I got from PSA, and will recommend them to anyone. Good Luck with your situation, but I assure you, they will make it right.

I got a out of spec upper from them a bit ago. It wouldn't mate to any of my lowers or any of my friends lowers. You could put one pin in, but not the other without serious force ( tapping it in with a mallet.) It didn't matter which pin you put in first, the other would not go in. I called their customer service, and talked to a person within 5 minutes of holding. I explained what my problem was, and he said they would send me a shipping label via email. Sent it off that day and they got it a week later (UPS is slow) the same day they got it, they informed me a replacement was on the way. One week later, I received an upgraded upper for my inconvenience. I cannot say enough good about the service and treatment I got from PSA, and will recommend them to anyone. Good Luck with your situation, but I assure you, they will make it right.
Something like that was what I was hoping to hear. Maybe they can repaint everything while they're at it.

I had installed a crummy mil-spec pos sling on my new uzi & it scratched the finish up, when the gun later malfunctioned I sent it back to Vector Arms and they fixed it and refinished the gun at no charge! I hadn't even said anything, I was gonna love it scratched finish and all:D

I'm tagging this because I'm curious if they'll give you top notch treatment. They could say you messing with it caused whatever issue it has? I hope not though.

We'll see. ;)

Lots of different backgrounds and education levels here, most of us cut to the underlying message rather than getting caught up in the delivery.
Thanks. I have 2 bachelor's degrees and all sorts of certificates and certifications. Dang, should have paid more attention in writing class. Ha!!:cool:

Last Edited:
Just an update... PSA received my rifle and signed for it on 12/12/16. On 12/20/2016, I had gotten through to their "repair/defective item" department and the CS rep told me that there was a note in my account to replace the whole rifle. Well, after several attempts trying to get through to them on the phone to get a follow up (1 hour hold times all the time) and after sending out about 6 e-mails (to which noone has replied back to) I am getting a bit antsy. Sure, with the holidays and everything they are probably recovering. I'm tempted to just contact my credit card company to cancel the purchase.

Sorry about my long paragraph comment. Yep ... old eyes. Shorter paragraphs are easier to read.

Just me but perhaps calling up the Credit Card company and canceling the payment may not work?

The Credit Card company already probably paid PSA. Plus we have a legal situation now? Dunno.

They have your AK plus your money. They are certainly aware of this.

I do not think PSA wants to buck a CC company about fraud.

Perhaps it would be best to give PSA some more time?

We have found registered return receipt letters work.

It is hard waiting when they have everything.

Give it some more time?

Weather conditions?

Think of the ammo saved?

Think short paragraphs?

That is all.

Just kidding. :) :)

Considering how busy they are at the end of the year, considering how California went...

I'd give them some time. Worst time of year to ship off a rifle for repair or expect to order one with quick shipping.

No ire here, but shorter paragraphs would be helpful when possible! My last reading test, after high school, showed that I read at 1,800 wpm with nearly perfect comprehension.
Sure can't do that anymore! o_O

I'm sure hoping that Palmetto will make it right, Them Guns! I'm guessing that they will, Palmetto is sloooooow but sure. Usually!!!:D

This short paragraph thing... a little annoying. But if that makes you all feel better about yourselves then *applause*.

Since we are a sanctuary city and county now, could you translate your posts into Arabic and Somali and avoid using any trigger pronouns that would be cool as well.

That's cool that PSA is so busy with the holiday. But if they are able to readily take orders and money but not readily able to provide customer service then I'd probably be moving to make the credit card do a charge back as well. I've avoided them after having so much credit card fraud and them forgetting to send me any parts installed into the "complete" AK bolt that was supposed to come with my kit.

I think they are just getting to big and once that happens customer service tends to go out the window.

@bolus
Keep in mind rifle was signed for on 12/12/2016 by them.

12/20/2016 noted as a replace rifle according to CSR.

24 days they have had it.
6 are weekend days
That's 18 days, minus New Years observed, 17. Minus day after Christmas (or two) now we can be down to 15. Excluding yesterday and now we are at 14. Remove today because it's not over... 13.

13 total business days of 24 that it's been signed for.

@bolus
Keep in mind rifle was signed for on 12/12/2016 by them.

12/20/2016 noted as a replace rifle according to CSR.

24 days they have had it.
6 are weekend days
That's 18 days, minus New Years observed, 17. Minus day after Christmas (or two) now we can be down to 15. Excluding yesterday and now we are at 14. Remove today because it's not over... 13.

13 total business days of 24 that it's been signed for.

I'm talking more about not answering the phones or email. It is fine for them to say it will take a month to replace it. But I think we let companies off too much because they are too busy taking people's money to answer the phones. Its not an emergency room, they dont *have* to take so many orders that their staff are unable to function. That sounds like the owners treating their employees and customers like crap so they can get an extra escalade for the beach home. PSA seems to have gone downhill as they get more popular.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top