JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bringing this back after several months.

PRICE REDUCED for NWFA members if you contact me through here. Asking $1200

Contact me via "conversation" on here and we can exchange phone numbers.

Below is a copy and paste of my Craigslist Ad.

=================================================================

1998 Subaru Forester S
CLEAN title, and I have a vehicle history report pulled just prior to typing this. (I can provide you with a copy of the CARFAX)
White, though paint is rough, peeling in spots.
5 speed manual
Body is in relatively good condition, but has some issues I will detail below.
Interior is pretty clean, looks professionally done, before I bought it. Does have a little odor.
Mileage is UNKNOWN, and suspected quite high. Long story short, it was presented to me as low mileage, as the odometer reads less than 75k, but when I pulled the vehicle history report prior to posting this for sale, I learned the truth, and would estimate it in the 300k + neighborhood.
Has some aftermarket alloy wheels, pretty scratched up.
Front tires are pretty worn, rears are okay.

Now for the known issues:
*Mileage, as I mentioned above. Odometer is not accurate, full disclosure there.
*Airbag light is on.
*Check Engine light is on.
*Clutch seems to slip a bit when its cold. A couple miles down the road it is fine.
*Carfax shows previous accident damage reported December of 2000. The radiator has been replaced and the upper mounts are missing, zip tied in place at the moment, lol, at least it doesn't leak! Hood and grill don't line up perfect with the fenders, and with the aforementioned airbag light...it all adds up to something, unfortunately I was not given any details, and Carfax provides none except for the date reported.
*The overhead clock/compass does not work.
*Air/AC works well, but back lighting doesn't work, so its kind of a pain at night.
*Leaks and burns a bit of oil.
*Passenger side rear door handle does not work from the outside, inside latch works fine.

I'm sure there are some other minor issues that I am not thinking of at the moment.

In short, it needs some work so I will call it a MECHANICS SPECIAL and is being sold AS IS, but if it made it an estimated 300k miles some maintenance must have been done right in the past, right???

Will meet on the east side of Vancouver, Battleground, or Hockinson.

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Last Edited:
I owned a Forester, bought it new in 98(?) because I live in the snow zone, in the mountains.
My wife loved it due to the low center of gravity and AWD.
Unlike MY 4X4 she could not forget to put it in 4X4 before she hit icy roads.
WE (I) had that Forester for 225K miles and it always got near 28MPG, in the mountains. It was a well made car, I would buy another.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top