JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1600
City
Sisters
State
Oregon
Zip Code
1997 Ford Explorer
$1600

Manual transmission
Shifts great with good clutch engagement.
Selectrac AWD with manual 4x4 hi/low mode (does great in the snow)
148k miles
4.0 OHV V6 (bulletproof engine)
No rust/leaks
A/C blows cold and heat blows hot.

This has been our second vehicle for the past 4 years and has never let us down. We got it with 125k miles and have mainly used it for when the snow is bad, home depot runs and camping trips. The previous owner was an older mechanic and kept great care of the rig. I have done the same with oil changes every 3 months even though I only put 5k miles a year on it. It recently has had a new alternator, battery, wires and plugs, cv joints, and a few other basic maintenance items. Unlike the newer explorers this one is based off of a truck design with body on frame construction and true 4x4; it is very easy and inexpensive to work on. I'd keep the rig but I got a suburban for loading up on our camping trips. While this is a great car, it does have its quirks.

It's old enough to drink.
Could use new tires (old,) but they have decent tread left.
Speedo recently started to work intermittently.
Heat is stuck on hot (still can switch to a/c for cold air.)
The third brake light is out (like that when I got it.)
Suspension is soft so it's not going to win any races.
It will go into 4x4 low, but because it has never been used it gets stuck in low. (Disconnecting the battery will reset the solenoid, putting you back in high.)
The radio went out (a new head unit will get it going again.)
Custom sage brush pin striping from moving debris to burn piles around the property.

All in all this is a great car for the money and will get you to where you need to go. I wouldn't hesitate to load the family up and drive cross country.

IMG_20170711_140309.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Hey do you still have this? You offered to trade me this for guns back in January. If you still have it shoot me a text I'm interested 510-833-3750

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top