JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the deal is that my dad bought this thing brand new in 1988 for 25 K cash money, and is the original and only owner. Sold it to his GFs brother 4 years ago, took 400 for a down payment and never got anymore cash out of him, so we went and got it as it was just sitting down on Vancouver WA for the past 4 years. Guy didnt do bubblegum with it... Called my old man and told him if he wanted it back we could come and get it, so we did this weekend

After sitting for four years we put a battery in it and it started up and ran rough at first but mellowed and idled fine after about 5 minutes or so. Probaby the stank *** old gasoline in it.

Needs a TB to IM gasket that im gonna change ths week (already have it... Has a small vacuum leak there), probably change the oil too. Have a dizzy cap and rotor ill throw in it as well.... Dude said that the only issue was that it was "popping out of gear"... The transfer case supposedly dont like to stay in gear... I drove it for a few and couldnt get it to do it... I think hes just probably bubbleguming retarded and didnt have the shifter pushed all the way up engaging the case. I do know sometimes the tips of the forks in the NP TCs wear out and they can start vibrating out of gear, but I dont think thats it. IDK, even if it needs a case another one is 100-200 dollars...

This thing is in VERY VERY good shape as far as the body. He had it painted about 6 years ago, and there is not 1 dent..not even a ding in it. The clearcoat is coming off in a couple spots, but other than being a bit oxidized on one side (that would polish out and BLING easily) it looks really good for the 15 minute spray wash job we gave it. Rear shell windows are tinted and the shell is in perfect shape, never even been off it.

Its a Silverado so it has power everything and AC. Everything works.
The olriginal motor was replaced at 65K miles and the replacement has always run strong with NO issues. He used to tow his Blown stroker 26 fooot Scarab up to Tahoe all the time in it. Runs strong, just needs a tune up.

SO heres the deal.

88 K5 (Last year with removable top)
Had a GM replaced motor in it
Trans replaced 7K miles ago
Rear end changed out in like 99
TC gone through at 80K
Has BRAND NEW 800 dollar set of 32" Michelins on it with less than 1000 miles on them.
Pioneer CD player... Old *** GANGSTER (circa 1990) OKI Cell pohone in it for flossin through the hood... LOL
Towing package (reciever and ball hitch)

PERFECT body with good paint (minus the CC coming off in a couple spots)
Interior need a bit of work. Needs new door panels, Dash pad and headliner recovered....
Seats (Rear included) are in really nice shape

I really dont want to see it go and thougt about buying it but I DO NOT need another project, nor three cars. Ive already had two of these things... And if I keep it it will end up with 9" lift 38.5s triple shocks gears and a turbo on it....

BUT IS YOU WANT TO DO ONE THAT HAS NOT BEEN ABUSED AT ALL, HAS ALMOST ALL HIGHWAY MILES ON IT IS STRAIGHT AS bubblegum AND BEEN TAKEN CARE OF, IF YOU DUMPED A GRAND IN THIS THING YOUD HAVE A VERY VERY NICE K5. :noel:

2500 as is
Clean title.

He would be interested in an AR or possibly a Mini 14 as part trade. Please PM me iof interested at all.

THX GUYS!!!!

Pics:

On the trailer comin home... After sitting for four years

On the trailer comin home... After sitting for four years

After a bit of a bath....

Not sure what the deal is with the pics... They are there, and work on other sites I have them on... weird

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top