JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Years ago the V65 model was the last of the really big road bikes I kept in my collection.
Massive power and extremely rapid acceleration. It had more horsepower than most cars I owned. Delightful way to spend the day traveling interstate at any given warp speed I wanted. I rode buddies V45 now & then just to relax.

Years ago the V65 model was the last of the really big road bikes I kept in my collection.
Massive power and extremely rapid acceleration. It had more horsepower than most cars I owned. Delightful way to spend the day traveling interstate at any given warp speed I wanted. I rode buddies V45 now & then just to relax.
I had one too, it was my third street bike, but my first serious street bike. The first two were a 74 CB450 Honda and a then a Yamaha 400xs. It wasn't until I bought my 88 Katana that I realized how bad they were at turning and stopping. When I bought my 93 ZX-11 I realized how bad my Katana was at turning and stopping, and how slow all of my previous bikes were Holy Moses could that thing haul the mail. It's top speed was 170 back in 1993! After I bought my 07 GSXR600 I Realized how bad my ZX-11 was at turning and stopping. When I crashed my GSXR I realized how bad I was at turning and stopping. :oops: I had a few more bikes between the ones I listed but
none of them were as comfy as the V45. the shaft drive was smooth.

I spent a lot of time trying to get that V45 to run just right. For the future owner, I would suggest purchasing a copy of "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance."

That is one clean looking old bike, If I had the time, I would put a deal together with you and have a piece of my youth restored.

LOL!!!....". It wasn't until I..."

ah yes, recognize the syndrome.....
I was into the desert/dirt bikes for decades....a buddy was always a go-fast nut & finally landed a job with factory Yamaha...he let me ride one of his 250 desert racers once....I'd had a series of ever better handling/stopping dirt machines.....that one though, was the only bike I was on that would turn clear around twice just by rolling my eyes L or R....

If I was still on the street I'd talk with you about that V45.....retired from riding long enough ago to appreciate how good it feels to not be trying to heal back up....good luck on your sale....

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top