JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
need to get some money together to put money down on a newer car for a daily driver...

its all original, does NOT run.. needs the following things;
Odometer reads 68ishK miles, body is very straight, little dings...very little surface rust, needs a serious buffing session..engine is a 2.5L GM Iron Duke with TBI, no AC (AC was removed by previous owner) 3 speed transmission; replaced OEM wire caps and swapped wheels for X-body (Citation/Omega/Phoenix) rally wheels with Oldsmobile Rally center caps
1. starter and battery.
2. oil separator
3. torque converter for TH125C 3 speed
4. radio doesn't work reliably.
5. shift indicator no worky.
6. headliner gone
will include set of 4 original 13" wheels with no tires and 2 1983 Oldsmobile Factory Service Manuals, the Chassis manual and the Electrical Trouble Shooting Manual;

DSCN2681.jpg

DSCN2682.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

these pictures are from when it WAS running.

again, it is NOT running currently. its in the parking lot in my apartment complex, and it will be going onto Craigslist after the end of this month if nobody comes for it.. I am looking to get $300 out of it, or equivalent trade of what have you....

yes I do have the title for it, as well as the original dealer paperwork from when it was ordered and delivered, and the build sheet for it from GM that came with these vehicles in hidden spots (under the seat between the wire framework and foam)

hahahahah the 80s was not a high point for American car companies not counting the trucks

FYP ;) I like the blocks tho. I love the GN engine. I think they couldve improved...but...it was an evolution of the ugly late 70s designs IMO. the Ciera...when it came out with the 92hp 4 cylinder hacked from a pontiac 301...it was decent on the mileage (best i;ve recorded, 35mpg when it was running and clean)...for the v6s of the time, it was pretty impressive with 150 torque and 120, maybe 130 HP for a 2bbl 3.0L buick v6 compared to the slightly more powerful but much heavier 307s ;) hate the Ciera all ya want, no denying that from 1982 to 1996, it along with its sister, the Buick Century were GMs best sellers for the car segment compared to the other cars from GM. oh yeah curb weight of this car as it sits is 2750 pounds...almost a ton lighter than the gutless supreme LOL. (gutless if it had the 3.8L v6 NA without the turbo, right?)

out of 90,307 1983 Ciera Broughams, only 17,088 were 2 doors; so...this COUPE should NOT die as a field racer...there are literally millions of the 4 door 1984-1996 Cieras to do the same job ;) with the lack of wrecked panels and clean title, its far too good of a shape to go into a field race or a demo derby, just my opinion...you know...its like this; with the millions of cheap Mosin Nagants, its no problem bubba'ing a good condition rifle into a sporter rifle with 0 value left? (or for that matter, bubba'ing a 50s-60s Side by side shotgun into a tacticool pistol gripped shotgun instead of restoring it, with the millions of them being cheap enough and new enough) >.> I have a person possibly interested in it....but otherwise this car is still available and should remain on the road compared to the 4 door wrecked everything Hyundais.

EDIT: here is the thing. the U-pull yards WILL charge $100, 150 per door for this particular body type...$75 for the hood, $75 just for the front bumper assembly with maybe header panel included....$250 for the shell of the body IF the firewall/VIN is not included with it... $50, maybe 75 for each of the front fenders.....and that is considered "cheap" to fix a wrecked car of the same vintage and body type for body panels.... I've priced it out when I had a possible project with so many dents on the body panels...for $700...only saving grace of that one was that the engine ran poorly (it was a 3.0L buick v6 with 2bbl carb)..so....even as a parts car for the same type, $300 is pretty dang cheap.....I will be taking the starter off and testing it to see if its the starter thats dead...if the weather lets up here (so far seems dry..)

EDIT:2, oh yeah, its NOT a RWD car. its a FWD car.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top