JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Instructor "John Smith"....can ya really trust a man with name like that...? :D

Not a bad video....just remember to find a safe system of loading and shooting that works for you and stick with that.

In my case unlike what was mentioned in the video:
I do not clean my barrel after each shot...
In any of my guns...and I do own a few :D , both replica and original , I have never found a need for this practice...

Also I tend to shoot a looser patch and ball combo than most folks...so I usually do not need a short starter...

When shooting a flintlock , I prime from my main horn...no 4F priming powder for me...

No Pyrodex or other black powder substitutes when shooting a flintlock....unless you like hang fires , no firing at all or the good old Flash in the Pan...:eek: :D

And always remember Powder , patch and ball , in that order...:D
Andy
Edit to add my favorite black powder quote :
"All skill is in vain when an angel pees down the touch hole of your musket"...:eek: :D

Not a bad video....just remember to find a safe system of loading and shooting that works for you and stick with that.

In any of my guns...and I do own a few :D , both replica and original , I have never found a need for this practice...

Also I tend to shoot a looser patch and ball combo than most folks...so I usually do not need a short starter...

When shooting a flintlock , I prime from my main horn...no 4F priming powder for me...

No Pyrodex or other black powder substitutes when shooting a flintlock....unless you like hang fires , no firing at all or the good old Flash in the Pan...:eek: :D

Andy
"All skill is in vain when an angel pees down the touch hole of your musket"...:eek: :D
I would never put a BP substitute in my .32 Flintlock- imagine the grief trying to get the ball out
of that tiny bore. My rule is Flintlock- only real BP; Percussion Cap- Real BP or 777.
LongBeard
I did actually "Dry Ball" my .32 Flint once- what a pain in the Ascot...

Never pulled a ball. It's just easier to push some powder in thru the touch hole and fire it out.
At the range I pulled the lock off then pulled the flash plug hole off (that's where I met the Pedersoli Gorilla) trickled in some FFFg powder
and shot the ball out. If I look through my stuff I think I do have a .32 worm & screw. That's why I have separate tool kits per caliber and
a general tool kit at the range. I always have extra Flints & Lead graspers for Flint lock (I don't use leather), extra nipples, etc.

LongBeard

Andy
I'm old enough that I remember that unmarried couples would check into hotels as "John & Mary Smith...."

LB

'Bout the only thing I do if shooting a "string" rapidly is to swab the bore with a slightly damp tallow patch so I don't get a blow out! Sort of like the old Tall Ships gunners running a Sponger first before the loader charges the gun!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top