JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$400
City
SALEM
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Honda Hawk) - $450 (Salem)
1978 Honda cb400a
engine displacement (CC): 400
fuel: gas
transmission: automatic
I have 1978 Hondamatic Hawk 400 project for sale. It's mostly stock and ready to put back together or create into a cafe racer

It's been my tinkering bike for a couple years. It's currently on it's center stand with no rear wheel on it.

I was in the process of working on it and threw my back out and lost interest but there are a lot of good things about it.

The Good

Oil was changed right before I pulled and cleaned the carbs. Hasn't been started since.

Brand New Tires(front has been exposed to the elements but the rear is inside)

Carbs are clean and tuned with new carb kits in both and haven't seen gasoline yet plus extra rebuild kits

Good rubber carb connectors and extras

A complete extra air box. This is perfect for someone wanting to make a cafe and wants an air box to cut up to fit your creation.

I have a passenger backrest rack combo(good shape) and a singular metal rack(kinda rusty)

Fenders are good shape but are removed

The Bad

Light switch was replaced (but I didn't repair) with a simple enduro setup, will need to be wired correctly.

Not bad but this also means that they removed the parking brake function. The plate that is attached to the rear brake pedal is still there so it could be easily reinstalled to working order if you wanted full stock but personally it's better to not have to deal with it.

Front tire is probably garbage for real riding

It's been sitting outside for 2 years, covered maybe 1/2 the time

The ignition although it works is a generic one rigged with zip ties.

A little gas spilled on the tank lid and it started to peel

Will need a new petcock and fuel line/filter

Battery is dead obviously

One side panel has one peg broken,

Probably some missing rear tire components like the brake linkage

The Awesome

2 of the best manuals for this motorcycle to come out. One has color photos. Hardback full books that are extremely rare

Clear Title in Hand!

This bike has a lot of potential with a title, a lot of older and newer motors fit right into these frames with little effort. Turn this Hondamatic into a true Hawk with a manual engine or make a cafe with an impossible sitting position you don't have to worry about shifting

I have a ton of extra parts I can't remember. I did my best to remember but I'll box everything I have up for you. Air filter, extra carb parts.

Asking $400, I'll help load it up since the rear wheel is off, or we can throw it on real quick before you leave.

Great project for someone and potential with a lot of different possibilities and I really don't want to spend the time parting and selling everything I have.
A titled frame can for up $400 by itself. I'm asking $400 obo for way more than a frame

I would trade for a swagger bipod hunter 42 or a slightly upgraded 10/22(hunter stock, red dot?) or stock 10/22 and cheap 22 revolver.

I'd also be interested in a fleshing setup. Beam, stand, fleshing knife, gambrel ect.

Feel free to ask me any questions,

Thanks

Thank you, here is a pic of it put together.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
This is mine. I restored it in 1993. It's mostly apart again to freshen it up. only 12,500 mi. I had some pro pictures done after it was finished for posterity. Cheers.

Attachments

• 78 Honda 400A.jpg
    78 Honda 400A.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 52
  • 78 number two.jpg
    78 number two.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 56
Would also be interested in a compound bow for hunting or a BogPod Deathgrip Tripod.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top