JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am posting this for a friend.

It's a Ruger M77 6mm rem. rifle, 1976 liberty edition ("made in 200th year of American liberty" is stamped on barrel) Weaver 3-9 variable heavy duplex scope, leather shoulder strap, tang safety, 22" barell, I believe it has a 1:9 twist to help stabalize heavier bullets. I added some new photos. The stalk is in overall good condition, with a few blemishes, but no major big dents or scrapes. The overall condition of the bluing is good, there are a few spots, mostly at the end of the barell that have been worn off. The rifleing is very good and shiny. This gun is clean and ready to go to a new home
$460 obo.

Last Edited:
what are the external ballistics like for 6mm? vs say 7.62x39?

that depends on what bullet what speed is being compared. But its safe to say a 6mm remington in a good rifle with a varmit speed load will make a 7.62 x 39 look sick past 200 yards

The 6mm Remingtion for instance with a Hornady 105gr A-Max with a Ballistic Coefficent of .500 pushed along at 3000fps if zeroed at 200 yards will drop 37.6" at 500 yards. With 651 ftlbs of energy at 500 yards

If zeroed at 100 yards will drop 44.8" at 500 yards

if you go to a Varmit like bullet in the 6mm and use a Hornady 65gr V Max at 3600fps the 6mm will if zeroed at 200 yards will drop 33.2" at 500 yards. With 555 ftlbs of energy at 500 yards

A 7.62 X 39 with a Hornady 110gr V-Max (closest comparable bullet in the book I could find) with a ballistic coefficent of .290 pushed along at 2600 fps (the MAX load I could find in the book. I zeroed at 200 yards will drop 49.0" With 441 ftlbs of energy at 500 yards
If zeroed at 100 yards will drop 58.3" at 500 yards energy will be the same.

The 6mm Remington is a smaller bullet traveling faster and flatter then the 7.62 X 39. Its better suited to long range and small targets. And will have more energy on target.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.