JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a wood stock Remington 1100 (actually 2 of them) from 1965 and 1975. I would like to put a recoil pad on the stock. I bought one from Midwayusa that said it was for a wood stock Remington 1100, but no way would it fit. I figure there must be two versions of Remington 1100 wood stocks. Can anyone direct me to a source for recoil pad for the older version Remington 1100 with a wood stock ?

Most recoil pads are over sized and need to be custom fitted (sanded) to the stock.
Length of pull needs to be determined first, and then the wood stock is cut down to accommodate the extra thickness of the new pad.
eBay has a bunch of factory Remington pads for sale.

Up for your consideration is a brand new Remington SuperCell Recoil Pad . This recoil pad is designed to fit the newer model 870, 1100 and 1187 standard field style wood stocks. If your shotgun was made earlier than the 90's, or is a Monte Carlo stock, this may not fit.

The modern recoil pads simply do not fit the pre 1990 Remington 1100s. I have tried three without success. I am hoping someone with an older 1100, or 870 found a recoil pads that worked on their wood stock shotgun.

Are you patient, and enjoy a good effort with good result?

Then you can install and shape your own recoil pad.

The first one I ever did was over 30 years ago, and it is probably the best job I've done (maybe 50 now), because I was so scared I'd mess it up, and devoted WAY too much time to it.

You can do it. Either shape the one you bought (screw hole should match), or order a Pachmayr in the appropriate (approximate) size, and shape it down. If you spend half the effort on protecting your wood as you spend shaping the recoil pad, you are in the right ballpark. Assortment of sandpaper, sanding blocks, and access to a belt sander or circle grinder is all you need. PROTECT THAT WOOD!

You can do it.

Even if you find a pad that is advertised: "Will fit early 1100's", the fit for a pre-fit pad will always be sloppy.

An 1100 deserves better than sloppy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top