JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice! Old schoolhouse early edition! Designed for Dan by former Colt machinist and firearm designer Karl Lewis. The early "pork chop" barrel pistol packs are among the rarest. Even though you have all of the barrels, EWK Arms makes adapters (barrels and many other bits) to fit later barrels to the pork chop frames. Thanks for posting!

This has been at the top of my shortlist of collectible guns to buy for many years. It always seems like when I come across a perfect example I dont have the cash for it, and when I have the cash burning in my pocket I cant seem to find one thats complete or in a condition worth buying. The classic gun buyer's conundrum.

Yeah, they are nice pistols. But, jeeze, don't tell every one!

I was saving up for a S&W 625 in 45lc when a Dan Wesson 744 came up in the For Sale on this site for $700 a few years back. 45lc, well .44 mag is close enough (I reload). It came with an 8" barrel, scope mount, red dot tube and chest holster.

Now I have 2.5", 4", 6", 8" and 10" barrels. Only the 8" is a Dan Wesson, all the others are CZ barrels (CZ owns Dan Wesson and still makes some barrels for these old revolvers).

I am still waiting for the right deal on a 715 (Stainless 357) and a 22lr version to come around at an affordable price.

I never knew what barrel length I would prefer in a large bore revolver... I still don't.

20230601_173739_HDR.jpg

Last Edited:
In 1978, I was fortunate enough to spend a couple of hours with Dan Wesson at the factory when I was motorcycling across the US. I stopped in Monson at the factory in the old brick schoolhouse and pondered for a bit, since no one was there. As I scratched my head, up comes a blue Ford stake truck. I was quite surprised when it was Dan himself driving. He came to check the Saturday mail. He invited me in and gave me the 50¢ tour of the factory. He had prototype #4 of the new 44 frame in a rough casting on his desk. He liked fine weapons, as he pulled a Sig P-210 out of his desk drawer and allowed me to examine it. An amazing fellow and my timing was perfect, as he died just a couple of months later.

He was a proto-prepper, as he had a supply of gasoline in storage tanks with anti-stratifying agents in it. I still have the copy of Robert DePugh's "Blueprint for America" that he mailed me. Yes, Dan was ready, but the apocalypse did not arrive in his lifetime. But, if it did...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top