JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a few months back I got a gorgeous 1967 python....I paid a pretty penny for it, and am not interested in selling or trading it. But I'm very interested in some educated opinions of it's worth.
Thanks
Tim
**Damn near new in the box. Appears to only have a few rounds through it. Cylinder has the tiniest of line on it from the spin. Any opinions or info would be appreciated.
Thx...
python.jpg

Show off!!!! Sweet piece!
My understanding is that a competent gunsmith can adjust the mechanism so the cylinder will not be marked (turn line). Personally I would probably send it to Colt for that;)

So a few months back I got a gorgeous 1967 python....I paid a pretty penny for it, and am not interested in selling or trading it. But I'm very interested in some educated opinions of it's worth.
Thanks
Tim
**Damn near new in the box. Appears to only have a few rounds through it. Cylinder has the tiniest of line on it from the spin. Any opinions or info would be appreciated.
Thx...
View attachment 214382

Detail pictures would help. Especially the Rampant colt and barrel roll marks.

Many of these guns have been refinished. Colt would even re-role mark the barrels with a factory refinish.
Other refinishes will show signs of roll mark buffing.

The value of the gun can not be ascertained without knowing if the finish is original. Detail pictures will help.

It will still be a fine looking gun. But the value of a Python is in the finish. So a close look is a must.
And it's best done before the gun is purchased. I would not buy a gun If I could not asses the originality of the finish first. How can a value help if it's determined after the purchase?

Last Edited:
That's the biggest problem with owning a mint Python.
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
I would really love to own one that's been around, so I could enjoy it without worrying about it's collector value.
Every so often, I take mine out of the safe to fondle it a little while I admire Colt's masterpiece of workmanship and back into the safe it goes.

If it is a 1967, what's the serial number ? do you have the original box and paperwork? That adds value.

$2600+ but it's all about condition! It's got to be near mint! And in the 60's

The slight cylinder line is normal for even a python!

Pythons have really gone up in value lately! The better the condition the more value! So if you want a shooter pick one up for $1500 and shoot the snot out of that one and let this one go up in value!!

Do not turn the screws on the side plate! Or attempt to take the side plate off! When I take a Python apart it takes me a few extra hours because they really are all hand fit! Any little ding will result in hours of refitting parts!

68xxxe ...I have the box and it shows the wear (blue tape on the sides). I know the seller and it's been sitting in his safe for 40 years...it'll do the same in mine

:mad:I paid 2100, he was asking 2500. But I bought a few of his fine items and paid his asking price on everything else. A gorgeous .338, a 45-70 and a 7mm...quick searches caused me to think that was a fair deal for both of us on the python. I wanted it the moment I saw it...first "collector" for me

When I saw the ad on Armslist two years ago for an original owner mint 1984 brilliant polished stainless steel 6" Python for $1100.00 cash, I jumped on it.
I wasn't the first person to call, but I was close by and he agreed to meet me in 15 minutes at my bank.
He also told me that he would only wait 10 minutes, then he would get back to some of the previous callers.
His phone never stopped ringing while I examined the pistol.
Here's my advise, never sell that Python, because you will only regret it.
I could double my money, but what would I replace it with that's comparable to Colt's best revolver.

I promised mine to my favorite nephew if anything happens to me.
Every time he stops by, he always asks to pull it out of the safe and take another look at it.
The other day we were in my shop working on his pick up, when I causally mentioned that I had sold the Python for a bunch of money to a collector.
You should have seen the look on his face. He didn't appreciate the joke as much as I did.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top