JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Right Way With Guns: The National Rifle Association Comic Book From 1956 |

I draw your attention to "the CLIP"

upload_2017-3-10_19-41-34.png

Looks like the NRA is twisting facts one again to create fake news. Compare the diagram above to the correct one provided by ABCBS news.
the-media-guide-to-the-ar-15-rifle.jpg

I draw your attention to "the CLIP"

Yup. Read older books about guns and it's not an uncommon term. Clip meant a "clip in" type of magazine, as opposed to a tubular or non removable mag.

Now a days we see people getting their panties in a bunch when someone uses the term...

Honestly, My grandpas era called them clips. And I still call my grandpa's Hi Power mags clips, just like he did. Mostly because that gun was pretty much a part of him. I have it now, but it is still his gun, clips and all.

Personally, I view it as a sign of being a pedantic person if one is condescending about terms when meaning is conveyed perfectly.

Yup. Read older books about guns and it's not an uncommon term. Clip meant a "clip in" type of magazine, as opposed to a tubular or non removable mag.

Now a days we see people getting their panties in a bunch when someone uses the term...
That comic wasn't far removed (11 years) from WWII where the M1 and its clips helped win the war.
Probably anything that held cartridges was called a "clip" in those days.

Nowadays it's the "Mark of the n00b" to call a magazine a "clip".

:)

That comic wasn't far removed (11 years) from WWII where the M1 and its clips helped win the war.
Probably anything that held cartridges was called a "clip" in those days.

Nowadays it's the "Mark of the n00b" to call a magazine a "clip".

:)

True, but my point of reference is older than that.
Philip B Sharpe The Rifle in America. Printed in 1938 with the Introduction written by Julian S. Hatcher. (some may have heard of him, but at the time he was an active Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army)

I think there's a lot of people who would be better off reading and learning than just regurgitating.

FYI, I call 'em a mag, too. The whole "clip" word started to get under my skin only after it became a media hype word.

If I type my version of the correct terminology for that wad of hair on a guy's head when held up like a woman wears, all that would show up is a full sentence of bubbleguming bubblegummers and their bubblegumming bubblegum. BUBBLEGUM!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top