JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
This is a gun I bought several years ago and traded to another member. I later bought it back and for the most part it just sits in the safe. The following is his ad from when he sold it back to me.
Quote,
I have for sale a 1951 Colt Government 1911 .45acp semi auto pistol. It has it's original blued finish, comes with one original 7 round Colt mag. The pistol is in beautiful condition, no rust or pitting. It has the common take down pin scratch, but over all I would rate its condition at 90%+. The blueing on the slide is near perfect, with the original deep mirror finish that you dont see on guns much anymore. The rifling is in excellent condition, with no pitting or problems. The inside of the gun is excellent as well, with some upgrades from Brownells recently added, installed by wichaka, one of the mods here at NWFA.

Here is a list of all the aftermarket parts:

New Wilson Combat Drop-in Beavertail Safety
New Ed Brown Barstock Hardcore Hammer
New Nowlin Sear
New EGW Oversized firing pin stop
New Chip McCormic aluminum adjustable trigger (hard to find one)
New mainspring
New recoil spring
New firing pin spring
Trigger job done- 4 1/2 lb trigger pull, breaks like glass.
All work done by wichaka, who has years of experience as a Colt warranty gunsmith.

This pistol had other aftermarket work done to it around the 1970's, here is a list of those parts still on the gun:

King barrel bushing
Unknown sights, adustable rear, very good quality (windage only)

This gun was test fired approximately 50 rounds after the work was done to it, and it was extremely accurate. Wichaka can testify to this, its condition, and the upgrades. This is a very, very nice pistol, I am unfortunately forced to sell for financial reasons.

End of Quote.
The mag included is a Colt "C" marked mag of a later vintage. I also have the original hammer and grip safety, plus a few of the parts removed when Wichaka did the rework.
$1150 SOLD!

51 Colt.jpg
P1010008.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010006.JPG

Last Edited:
I suppose I should list the only thing I'm thinking I'd take as part trade.

S&W 686+, but only a round butt, pre-lock 4".

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.