JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Current price $599. Will accept bitcoins as payment.

This is 1944 Ishevsk Sniper Mosin with a sniper serial number that is not crossed out and an original scope mount (from what I can tell) with an aftermarket scope.

I bought this rifle in California in early 2009 from a gun store. I talked the guy down from $700 to $650. I have the receipt. No accessories included except what you see in the photo. It has a scope cover that I bought separately, so that is aftermarket.

All serial numbers match (except of course the scope number), but the bolt does not have a serial number on it. My 1941 Mosin has a serial on the bolt, but I'm not sure why this one doesn't. The bolt is in excellent condition and does have some Russian markings on it though. The rifle does have the Georgia electro-pencil markings on the left side. No counter bore in the muzzle. It fires very accurately. I've hit a 6x6 inch plate at 600 yards consistently with this thing.

Here are some more pics:

The sniper serial number on the left of the receiver.

The scope serial number (for what it's worth). The range adjustment on this is a little stiff, but it works. Other than that, I have no problems with the scope.

The scope mount holes.

The primary scope mount screw. From what I researched, the mounts that have smaller threads on their primary screws are authentic. Reproduction mounts have larger more aggressive threads.

Front of the scope mount.

Looking down the scope.

Please send a PM if you are interested in a face to face transfer in WA. I live in Kirkland, but I occasionally travel to Eastern Washington on I-90 so I can stop by along the way and do the transfer that way. Willing to go as far as Spokane. I will do FFL transfers if necessary for out of state, but buyer pays all the transfer fees etc.

If you know more about Mosin Sniper Rifles than I do (you probably do) please send me a PM with the correct information and I'll update it. I did a bunch of research on this before/after I bought it, so I hope I'm correct. I'd love to learn more though.

531741_3979969029082_1028414740_n.jpg

557019_3979969189086_798747607_n.jpg

382552_3979969469093_1081292505_n.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.