JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have seen a few of these 40's LLAMA's... but I have never seen one of these in stainless. I got an awesome chance to pick this up cheap before really knowing what it was. It has a N date code and all the correct proofs. It's in fantastic condition as it has been untouched since the late 60's. The serial number is untouched and period correct. The grips are probably original, but I lack the knowledge to tell for sure, but the right side grip is cracked and glue back together. Fully operable and complete. Holds 7 rounds +1 up top. Adjustable rear sight. Anybody wanna venture a guess as to what this might be worth?

LLAMA 137 resize.jpg

LLAMA 138 resize.jpg

LLAMA 139 resize.jpg

Don't have a clue as to how rare or valuable it is, other than I've not seen quite like it. It's a very handsome pistol.

Here's something from gunboards:
Chrome/engraved/"pearl grip" factory Llamas

I doubt it's stainless, given its age.

I have a blued .380 Micromax III, and its right-side grip plaque cracked too! I eventually found replacement plaques, along with several factory mags for it. It was always reliable, and nobody would pay what it's worth to me, so I'm a-keepin' it.

Yeah, after more research, I see there was a chrome option for these in an ad from the 50's... so I'll assume its the best chrome job I have ever seen on a 67 year old gun.:s0112:

As you learned it is not stainless but it is a beautiful gun. I'd bet a Llama collector would pay between $425 and $475 for it. The date code shows 1943. I don't know if the grips are original or even real pearl but you can find the Llama "pearl" grips online from time to time.

Llama22Pearlsleft111.jpg

Considering the age and condition it's a treasure. Watch Gunbroker for completed auctions for value. I would say $500+/-. I have a early X-A in 7.65 (32acp) and it's worth about $400.

If you plan on keeping it look for a spare striker and spring, these two parts are know for failure.

llama01.jpg

If you plan on keeping it look for a spare striker and spring, these two parts are know for failure.

You mean firing pin? If we are talking Llama's as in your photo they don't have strikers, unless I don't understand the context.

I have one exactly like the first photo made in 1943, I was blessed to find a NWF member selling it, for $300. It is blued though.

Mechanincally these early .380's are entirely different than later 1911 knockoffs, you'll notice the trigger pivot pin, it doesn't slide like a 1911. Also they don't have a rib on the slide. If the chrome plate is original I'd say it's probably worth $500 or even more. Also, the number of people like me who collect Spanish guns, and Llamas in particular, is increasing, it must be something to do with the way people say they are worthless junk.

Mine is beautiful, and functional. I wouldn't part with it for less than $500
IMG_0930.jpg

Note the rounded safety knob, it's very unusual, I don't know if it is a hand made replacement or an early production safety.
Llamaknob.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads