JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For sale or trade toward an M1 Garand, is this shooter-grade IBM M1 Carbine:

P1000674_zps90707023.jpg

P1000675_zpsa7f1eb53.jpg

Like most M1 Carbines that survived WWII were, this one was refurbished at one of the arsenals post-war. It was fitted with the adjustable rear sight and a bayonet lug and an M2 stock. Most of the rest of the parts are mixes of manufacturer, but the barrel is likely original, and it is marked "IBM Corp. 9 43," which roughly matches the build date for the 3,667,xxx IBM receiver. This barrel was counter-bored at the muzzle during rebuild.

P1000677_zpsa942bd6d.jpg

I replaced all the springs and the ejector plunger with NOS GI parts. It shoots well and I've gotten no FTFs or FTEs with either soft-point ammo or ball since re-furbing the bolt.

P1000678_zpseaa45cd0.jpg

There are a few arsenal stock repairs, as shown above, with brass pins.

P1000679_zpsdbbf0e45.jpg

Parkerizing is worn off in many high spots and worn glossy in others.

P1000676_zpsd3b237d5.jpg

This is an old, well-cared-for, war-horse and looks like it. If you want a shooter-grade M1 carbine that likely saw action in WWII and may have seen some in Korea and/or Vietnam, you might like this one. Comes with the sling shown and two old GI mags that work but have some rust on them.

I live on the south end of Seattle.

$700 obo.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.