JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
1943 Springfield M1 Garand -- $950 OBO Local Pickup

I have owned this M1 Garand for a number of years. The receiver (dark grey, not light grey like photo) was made between October and November of 1943. I have shot approx 1200 rounds through it, it's very accurate and shoots great. There is no pitting on the receiver, barrel or anywhere else. The barrel was just verified S-A-12-43 which is also the correct period. Just slight finish wear on barrel. However I am looking to move on to something that is a bit easier to mount a scope for longer range shooting. While I hate selling it I am a practical shooter, I need to go a different direction.

I am not a M1 Garand expert, have disassembled it a few times after cleanings, all parts appear to be SA, looked up a few serial numbers and everything as far as I can tell is correct. Barrel is great, bore is shiny and a 1943 also from the serial numbers. Stock was sanded and is in great shape everything seems to match. I think I have the original sling also, I added the leather one a few years ago. The only flaw in this gun is when the last round is fired it won't eject the empty clip. It will however eject the full clip by pushing clip eject button. It makes the ping, but doesn't send the empty clip flying. I knew this when I purchased the rifle, but it was so nice I had to have it. I looked into replacing the clip ejector because I thought it was worn. BUT, I actually prefer not to go searching for the en-bloc clips. And I read people actually modifying their guns / clips to do just that. So I left it alone, gun works perfect.

Rifle comes with leather sling, grease pots, old school bore snake about 20 or so en-bloc clips.

TRADES:

Remington 1897
Nightforce
Acog

Located in Hillsboro, Oregon

I also have available 1000rds of surplus still in their sealed cardboard boxes $500. **AMMO SOLD**

First Pic, swirl mark under rear site, is from a program to hide #. It is not on gun.

Video from last weeks shoot

would you provide the serial number on the receiver and the barrel numbers? If you have the original 1943 barrel and all original springfield parts, you might have a 'correct grade' rifle (by CMP standards), and a pretty good price - if it's correct grade.

You can visit this link <broken link removed> The first 3 on the receiver will tell you it was made in the correct date. I just snapped this photo of the barrel, which is also the correct date.

It reads S-A-12-43

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.