JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Star
Caliber
9mm
City
Hubbard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Price OBO, fires 9x19. Beautiful condition STAR Model B 1911 style pistol. Just about without a doubt, WWII Bulgarian/German Issue. These handguns were issued to rear echleon personel and police during WWII, sent to Bulgaria in the second batch of 5000. I have a lot of research and confirmation by the book on STAR Pistols by Leonardo Antaris, confirmed by Forgotten Weapons for me via private message when I asked. Can provide proof and serial if you'd like to look it up yourself.

I. The serial lines up with being right in the middle of the 5000 units shipped out on Dec 2, 1943. This handgun comes with two magazines that both function flawlessly and are both electro-penciled matching to the gun. It is in beautiful condition with very nice rifling. Very straight shooter though the ejector could use some work, likely Russian capture and the ejector never got cleaned underneath it. Comes with shown pistol case. A great odd piece of SHOOTABLE history to add to your collection, especially shootable since it's not an odd or expensive caliber!

Trade interests; really want an A1/A2 style full length AR15 or XCM177 style rifle, but am also interested in any vintage milsurp rifles, AKs, SKSs, Mosins. Definitely looking for a Romanian 1953 Mosin M44. Would add cash for the absolute right thing, including maybe a Garand? Please don't be afraid to make an offer!

IMG_20190529_144045054.jpg IMG_20190529_144054006.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Should specifiy: Very open to trades but am more looking for something else to shoot. Will take trades with cash on top, too, for the right thing. Specifically looking for a 1953 Romanian Mosin Nagant M44, must be all original in good shape.

I think the pistol using standard 9mm will help your sale or trade. Its not just a piece of history, IT'S ONE YOU CAN SHOOT!
Exactly! I have a Carcano but it's the damn 7.35 version. Need to flog that one too. New ammo is way too expensive and I don't reload, so I'd be spending ~50$ to shoot it 20 times and be done with it. No thanks!

I can give you all sorts of pages of info giving this a near without-a-doubt rundown of how this is German Issue without having any specific markings.
I don't know about Star, but
during WWII Walther and HK started rollmarking their guns with the alphabet soup markings they still wear today.
It was done, ostensibly, so as not to pin down the location (city) of the manufacturing facilities to avoid having the Allies bomb the whiz out of them.

I don't know about Star, but
during WWII Walther and HK started rollmarking their guns with the alphabet soup markings they still wear today.
It was done, ostensibly, so as not to pin down the location (city) of the manufacturing facilities to avoid having the Allies bomb the whiz out of them.
As far as I'm aware - most Model Bs were left largely unmarked due to being foreign produced and being such a "extra" that they didn't see it necessary. There were a large amount of surplus pistols that originated through Bulgaria that are known fakes, with Waffenamps on the beavertail and all sorts of "look, Nazis!" marks. Info here. Again, the only major way to tell are the last 3 digits being stamped on all major parts, and certain military or capture features. They're very hard to pinpoint, but I am certain in the idea that this is one, including the serial falling in a serial range (Some info here, including why the late fakes came from Bulgaria, as they were shipped through Bulgaria. Final contract in 45 never made it and were sold as fakes or to West German police.)

Interesting fact about Star Model B is that it has been often used in movies as a prop for 1911s because they can fire blanks better. For example the pimped out "1911" by Samuel Jackson in Pulp fiction was actually a Star Model B

Interesting fact about Star Model B is that it has been often used in movies as a prop for 1911s because they can fire blanks better. For example the pimped out "1911" by Samuel Jackson in Pulp fiction was actually a Star Model B
Yep! Hence why he mentions that it is named "Mister Nine-millimeter" and, while looking like it should be a .45, it is indeed a model B! You can even see the extractor. They're also popularly used as prop guns for 1911s because they're typically quite cheaper. It may seem like I'm asking a good bit for this one, but I really think someone who appreciates WWII history will be interested in it, plus I'm always open to offers anyways.

Well, I finally have it on *very* good word that it is indeed one of the ones shipped into Bulgaria for the second batch (Dec 5th batch) from Ian at Forgotten Weapons, who checked the book by Leonardo Antaris on STAR pistols, which I don't own. I gave him the serial, and identifying factors, via Patreon after asking a Q/A question, and received a message back confirming the info.

Price OBO, fires 9x19. Beautiful condition STAR Model B 1911 style pistol. Just about without a doubt, WWII Bulgarian/German Issue. These handguns were issued to rear echleon personel and police during WWII, sent to Bulgaria in the second batch of 5000. I have a lot of research and confirmation by the book on STAR Pistols by Leonardo Antaris, confirmed by Forgotten Weapons for me via private message when I asked. Can provide proof and serial if you'd like to look it up yourself.

I. The serial lines up with being right in the middle of the 5000 units shipped out on Dec 2, 1943. This handgun comes with two magazines that both function flawlessly and are both electro-penciled matching to the gun. It is in beautiful condition with very nice rifling. Very straight shooter though the ejector could use some work, likely Russian capture and the ejector never got cleaned underneath it. Comes with shown pistol case. A great odd piece of SHOOTABLE history to add to your collection, especially shootable since it's not an odd or expensive caliber!

Trade interests; really want an A1/A2 style full length AR15 or XCM177 style rifle, but am also interested in any vintage milsurp rifles, AKs, SKSs, Mosins. Definitely looking for a Romanian 1953 Mosin M44. Would add cash for the absolute right thing, including maybe a Garand? Please don't be afraid to make an offer!

View attachment 692152 View attachment 692153
I am interested if you still have this pistol

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.