1942 colt 1911A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
For sale is a colt 1911A1 US Army. I am no colt or 1911 expert, but from what i can tell this is an original, numbers matching, not refinished WWII bring back. Serial # puts it early 1942. Has all the proof marks and inspector marks where they should be. Original "coltwood" grips and newer colt wood grips. Also has leather holster marked "US" on front and "Sears 1942" on back. I dont believe the magazine to be original. Some scratches around slide stop, probably from field stripping, but otherwise only normal holster/handling wear. FTF in Or, $1500 obo.

Last edited:
Reactions
Can you post some better close up pics, natural or diffused lighting so there's no glare?

Can't tell from the pics if the parts are original or not.

OP
M
Reactions
Can you post some better close up pics, natural or diffused lighting so there's no glare?

Can't tell from the pics if the parts are original or not.
I'll try to get better pics up tomorrow, if there's any piece in particular you want a good close up of, let me know

OP
M
Reactions
These are going from $2000 to over $3000 on the auction sites without the holster. $1700 obo.

Last edited:

spider

Reactions
I saw one of these at the gun shop for $2300, this is a steal. Good Luck.

OP
M
Reactions
PM's replied to, still available. Had some nice trade offers but I'm looking to sell. Also forgot to say this package comes with two mags.

OP
M
Reactions
Final price drop. Pistol, holster, two mags, original grips and later colt grips. $1600.
If it doesn't sell this time its back in the safe.

gunjunky

Reactions
Wish I was in your area. There is a local shop here with a 42 Colt and he has $4000 on it. But all his guns are over priced.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom