JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$625
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Sutherlin
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Up for sale or Trade Smith model 10 Victory. it has an early in the series of serial numbers so i would guess it to be 1942-43. its a 5 inch 38 s&w (not 38 spl) its all original and unmolested many were converted over to 38 spl. Still has the lanyard loop as well. $625 obo.

Trade interest vary:
Most pre lock smiths, bolt action rifles.

20200910_185655.jpg 20200909_170732.jpg 20200909_170738.jpg 20200909_170746.jpg 20200909_170753.jpg 20200909_170806.jpg 20200909_170835.jpg 20200909_170837.jpg 20200909_170844.jpg 20200909_170828.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Is the frame original ? Was it refinished by you or someone else? The right side should have the s&w trade mark, but I don't see it. Maybe it's the lighting in the pictures , but it seems to have been ground off. Also the MADE IN THE USA mark is not as deep as other Victories. Do you have the S&W factory letter that supports the manufacture date and destination?

the Smith and wesson trade mark is there sadly my pictures are not amazing. To my knowledge it was not refinished it looks to me to be the original parkerized finish. I don't have a letter from smith but I do have the standard catalog of Smith and Wesson and based of the years of manufacture and the serial number series it is fairly early in the series so I would guess it to be in the first 2 years but possible it could be a 1944. being as its 5 inch and 38 s&w I would guess it was one made for the British Military as they ran 38/200 ammunition.

Correction the trade mark symbol is not there but it is my understanding that they did not put that on British "Lend lease" revolvers so that would be why its not there also, caliber and odd barrel length.

Thanks for the update. On the logo, I would check that thou. Every Lend Lease Victory I have been looking at has the S&W mark. This is why I asked if it has been refinished. If refinished, it obviously detracts significantly from value, but if the logo was left off originally, then it may make this a pretty rare gun. This one seems also not to have any British or Canadian acceptance marks either, so it probably stayed states side as part of defense infrastructure security, unless those got ground off as well.

I'm asking all of this because I have a friend looking for one, but I think the lack of logo here raises a few red flags. Good luck on the sale thou.

Correction the trade mark symbol is not there but it is my understanding that they did not put that on British "Lend lease" revolvers so that would be why its not there also, caliber and odd barrel length.

For sure I've sent extensive pics to my uncle who is a big smith guy and has been dealing and collecting for longer then I've been alive and he's certain its legitimate but yes ive pour over this whole gun and can't find any acceptance marks either but I can't find evidence of them being ground off either. We both figure it must have stayed state side. I may eventually get a letter just to track it but for now I'd rather not for now.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.