JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$280
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
8mm
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Turkish model 1933 8mm Mauser Same serial number appears on receiver, rear sight, trigger guard. Bolt does not match. 29" barrel has a good bore. There is some pitting in the grooves but lots of rifling remaining. Wood looks good with no cracks or splits.

PLEASE NOTE: buyer should have a firearm of this age thoroughly checked by a professional gunsmith if you intend to shoot it. Because I have not function fired this gun, it is sold as a collectible.

Note: Some folks have said this is a pre-1898 rifle that was reworked by 1933 by the Turks, and is thus exempt from needing a FFL to transfer. I am not an expert in these rifles so will be shipping it to a FFL of your choice who can then determine if a background check is necessary or not.

Price is $280 plus shipping costs to a FFL of your choice. Please be sure this firearm is legal in your area.

IMG_0662.jpg IMG_0663.jpg IMG_0664.jpg IMG_0665.jpg IMG_0666.jpg IMG_0667.jpg IMG_0668.jpg IMG_0669.jpg IMG_0670.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I've attached an additional photo which shows "1933 Ankara" on it - doesn't that make it a Turkish Mauser? I'm no expert on these, I received it long ago and just need the space in my safe :) IMG_0677.jpg

I've attached an additional photo which shows "1933 Ankara" on it - doesn't that make it a Turkish Mauser? I'm no expert on these, I received it long ago and just need the space in my safe :)View attachment 812452
Yes, but it's a Turkish rework. Hundreds of thousands of German GEW 88's went through the same process as yours. Yours is a bit unusual being from a South American Mauser variant.

Fun fact - your Turk actually qualifies as an antique weapon and no FFL is needed.

The top of the receiver says 1933 but if you look on the side, you'll see some Arabic script. Part of it is the year 1312. That doesn't mean your gun was made during the Middle Ages ;) Rather, it's the year on the Islamic calendar, which equates to 1894-95. Since it's pre-1900, ATF classifies it as an antique and you can sell it without FFL transfer.

Below are some pics. The first is from my Turk, the second is a page from "Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World" by Mowbray and Puleo (a fantastic book).

@Phantom Man I don't think this is either German or South American in origin. According to both BAMROTW and TurkMausers, these started life as Turkish Mausers. In the 1930s, they were reworked (changed to 8mm Mauser caliber among other things), but it was the Turks reworking their 1890s order, not importing.

dn4.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.