JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started collecting guns in '90 or '91. I have many to sell, this is one. I know that some of these are more valuable in this caliber. Can any of you guy's give your " opinions " on a value? It is in really good condition. Checkering is good, stock is good. I look forward to posting this item and thanks to those that reply. Merry Christmas and happy Holidays. Jonesy2552

Try going to gunbroker.com,and other firearm sales sights. check prices of completed sales, this will give you a good idea of an asking price. Be sure to match model. age, caliber, and condition.
Is yours a takedown?, has it been drilled and taped?, all original? also good pictures will be needed.

Good luck on you sale. and let me know when your ready to sell I could always use another 99..

Depends on the model, caliber, and the person that wants it. If the stock is good, how about the bluing under the receiver? That is typically where the wear starts because that's where everyone holds the gun.

If you're looking for price points, doing some checking online is one way, but that is Internet pricing. With the Savage 99, I find there's a big price difference between one side of the USA and the other.

If it's as nice or nicer than some of the others that have been listed here in the past, those ranged from $375-$450 for the common ones in good to great condition. Poor condition ones start in the sub-$300 range.

Ditto on needing another 99. :)

If you check the completed listing on Gunbroker you well see the Savage 99 brings $350-1200 dollars. Condition is everything. The older 250-3000 rifles if not molested and in good or better condition bring a good price, 500-700 area.
Every now and then you find exceptional deals, I bought this EG for $100 this last summer.

savage01.jpg

That's too bad that you plan to sell it but I hope you get what you want for it.

Here's some more basic info on the different models/variants:
99A - basic rifle, straight wrist butt, schnabel fore-end, first version from 1899, made 'til '36.
99B - take-down version, as mentioned in earlier post, intro'd in 1920.
99E - carbine w/ 20" barrel, intro'd in 1920
99F - "featherweight" , also take-down, 22" barrel, only weight 6.5 lbs, intro'd in '20.
99G -upgrade version with checkering on pistol grip and fore-end, intro'd in 1920.
99H - straight wrist, carbine with deep round-tip fore-end (not schnabel), intro'd in '31.
99K- the "deluxe" version, engraving on receiver, checkered pistol grip butt, checkered schnabel fore-end; Lyman aperture rear sight
99EG - replaced the 99A, 99B, 99C and 99E in 1936. Had pistol grip stock (not straight wrist) and round-tip fore-end
99R - intro'd in '36, this version has the standard spring-leaf and elevator rear sight
99RS - intro'd in '36, this version has the Lyman aperture sight on upper tang and also a small folding leaf sight on barrel
99T - intro'd in '36, lightweight version
Production shut down in December '41 due to the upcoming unpleasantness and did not resume 'til 1946.

OK, probably more info than you wanted or cared about.
If your rifle has checkering and it's from '37 or '38, sounds like it's either an R or RS. You didn't mention any aperture sight so maybe you have an R version?

Take care

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads