JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks gorgeous.
Was the parquet block formerly a swastika that had been removed?
I stopped in at Cabelas yesterday, and there was an old Savage 1899 and a pristine Ithaca 37 that both had bubba'd stocks.

Looks gorgeous.
Was the parquet block formerly a swastika that had been removed?
I stopped in at Cabelas yesterday, and there was an old Savage 1899 and a pristine Ithaca 37 that both had bubba'd stocks.
Mornin', Jim - no, it was where the sling slot was located - like this later example from Simpsons...this is slightly different from mine, which has the early almost straight bolt handle and high-grade plastic trigger guard. No bolt take-down doo-dad on mine, either - that's the little metal disc-shaped washer about four inches from the butt-plate.

D6253B__45907.1575582021.jpg
Mine down here - better shot -
1638367591089.png

Last Edited:
That would be one expenditure of $100 that I would always appreciate.
Hijacking your thread, Tac, I found a Jag XK Coupe in an abandoned shed, buried under mattresses, on a property I was considering for purchase. The interior was pristine, the exterior badly faded, the chrome and body panels all rust free. My heart skipped a few beats.
Asked the property owner to sell me the car. His response, "no, that was the best $500 I ever spent."

For those unfamiliar with the car, here's a restored example

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Stiil and all, a nice looking and functional piece of equipment.

Years ago, I had an Anschutz KKW that had been so altered. The KKW, Kleinkaliber Wehrsportmodell, was 4mm rimfire. It was only bored about 12 inches, then the barrel flared out internally and the projectile freebored from there to the muzzle. The little round 4mm ball simply didn't have enough propellant to reliably travel a full barrel length.

There are several books (all expensive) that have been published about German training rifles of this era. There is a ton of detail involved in the various manufacturers, etc. An entire world of collecting in its own.

Stiil and all, a nice looking and functional piece of equipment.

Years ago, I had an Anschutz KKW that had been so altered. The KKW, Kleinkaliber Wehrsportmodell, was 4mm rimfire. It was only bored about 12 inches, then the barrel flared out internally and the projectile freebored from there to the muzzle. The little round 4mm ball simply didn't have enough propellant to reliably travel a full barrel length.

There are several books (all expensive) that have been published about German training rifles of this era. There is a ton of detail involved in the various manufacturers, etc. An entire world of collecting in its own.
Luckily, mine is in the far-easier-to-find .22cal LR.....................................

but still a nice little shooter for under a hundred bucks.....tell me what you think about it.
VEry nice! And for that amount a little 'Bubba' can be overlooked.

Heck no shortage of 'Bubba'd' up guns out there. One of the worst I ever saw was in a Bend PS many years ago. The owner called me into his office to show me 'something he bought as a joke' and pulls a revolver out of his desk (checks it) and hands it to me. It was a M1917 S&W .45 ACP and had been cut to approx. 3", a crudely made front sight welded on and a home 'parkerizing' job.......

Last Edited:
Heck no shortage of 'Bubba'd' up guns out there. One of the worst I ever saw was in a Bend PS many years ago. The owner called me into his office to show me 'some thing he bought as a joke' and pulls a revolver out of his desk (checks it) and hands it to me. It was a M1917 S&W .45 ACP and had been cut to approx. 3", a crudely made front sight welded on and a home 'parkerizing' job.......
When I was in Vietnam possession of "private" weapons wasn't unusual. One guy in my unit, a paranoid speed freak, had one of those Colt M1917 revolvers, Parkerized. He cut the barrel back to about two inches with a hack saw, no front sight, it was his concealed weapon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top