JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Salem area
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I purchased this Remington Model 6 .22 some years ago as a project. When acquired it was in sad condition, the stock was split in two places and showed signs of attempted repair and the hammer would not go full cock.

I have since repaired the hammer and sear so it now goes full cock and breaks at 3-4lbs. Clear epoxy was applied to the cracked stock and JB Weld wood putty was used to fill holes (very tough putty and adheres well). It is finished with clear shellac. The stock is now very solid. The bore is pitted but once cleaned and leading removed I can hit 6" plates at 50 yards off hand. Other than the repairs it is all original and the S/N shows it was made in 1923 (almost 100 years ago). It even sports the original flip up tang sight (more for looks than accuracy).

The No6 is a break down model, the screw you see under the receiver in front of the trigger when removed will separate the barrel from receiver. Both screw and barrel threads are in good condition. The rifle is a solid little shooter now. Shoots .22 short, long and long rifle ammo.

Own a piece of history at a reasonable price.
$150 firm. No trades. Please respond by Private Message.
I can meet at the gun shop of your choice between Albany and Woodburn. Buyer pays for transfer.

If interested I have some spare parts that can be negotiated. Parts such as trigger, hammer, breach block, receiver frame, butt plate, fore stock and associated screws.

bBo8RMZ.jpg
POWHGle.jpg
hSxC45w.jpg
F8K6Tqf.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top