JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD

I was given this rifle from a uncle in 1990 and he got it in 1962. its been in a safe the last 50 yrs. Hate to sell but here it is. $500.00 or best offer (new price on 6/7/11).
Let me know what you think of the price even if you can't buy it. Prices for this model are all over the place. Will ship thru FFL at buyers expense. Thanks for looking.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed> by harrytop, on Flickr

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

View attachment 185084

View attachment 185086

View attachment 185088

View attachment 185090

View attachment 185092

View attachment 185094

View attachment 185096

View attachment 185098

View attachment 185100

View attachment 185102 View attachment 185085 View attachment 185087 View attachment 185089 View attachment 185091 View attachment 185093 View attachment 185095 View attachment 185097 View attachment 185099 View attachment 185101 View attachment 185103

Last Edited:
Harry -

I think of the stock as an example of American Folk Art.
Maybe not the prettiest folk art BUT still something someone felt would individualize their "working" rifle.
Probably done during the 1930's Depression by someone with some time on their hands - i.e. out of work.
The caliber isn't 30-30 so you really are looking for a guy that reloads to pay the price.
I would imagine that since it was introduced, the demand/supply of 32 WS Ammo has meant that it has been more expensive than 30-30.
So more than likely this rifle has only been shot to put meat on the table, and therefore has a good bore.
Lower the price a little and wait it out for the right buyer. It may be long term but he's out there ;-)

Thanks Dave, I understand the carving lowers the value but like you said, knowing a guy in the Great Depression area was doing this seems cool all in it self. I'm lowering the price again. Thx for the info guys.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.