JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
any resident Luger experts out there ??

came across subject Luger by way of a deceased friend - like to identify and date if possible for later sale some day.
As I hope you can see by my attempt to photograph, serial numbers appear in many places DWM on top - also many other numbers not matching - only number on barrel is 6or 9 ? and also a symbol of some kind - No German name or German symbols to be found except the usual under the safety (Gesichert) numbers on inside of grips don't match -no numbers on clip except "Made in Gemany" IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0830.JPG

I am sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

With respect to research, one book you might find of interest is the Standard Catalog of Luger, by Aaron Davis (Gun Digest Books, 2006). An Adobe PDF version of said text is available for viewing, download, etc., here.

Last Edited:
I don't see any Imperial proof marks. Looks like a commercial Luger mfg. before Mauser took over production. The three serialized parts on the left side are matching, which is excellent. These pistols were hand fitted.

The toggle train is mismatched to the rest of the pistol that we can see.

Is it in 9mm or .30 luger?

We would need to see good clear photos of the pistol, all parts that are numbered, etc, to give you a good value estimate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top