JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this 1917 Enfield from lucky sporting goods a couple years ago. It was sporterized probably in the 60s. It was in rough shape. I had it rechambered to 300 h&h. New bolt handle,timney trigger,converted to cock on open, matte blue. I made the stock but I didn't checker it. @Velzey fixed the feeding issues the other day. I loaded up a few rounds. I'm looking forward to shooting it this weekend. Thank you Jeremy and Tim. 1AB925CD-D919-4FC9-BA66-556A4EE3CD54.jpeg

1917 is one of the strongest US made receivers ever made.;) Back in the 1960s and 1970s junior shooters were encouraged to participate in a
DCM (Department of Civilian Marksman) rifle match which qualified them to purchase a surplus 1917, O3 or a O3A3 rifle. For something like $17!
DCM furnished loaner rifles and ammo for the matches. They had classes on how to 'Sporterize' there new surplus rifles for hunting.:D:p:)
These old sporterized rifles are found at cheap prices these days and in my opinion are a better stronger rifle than most of the modern made bolt guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top