JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hi guys and gals. just thought this rifle was worth sharing. hope you enjoy. if anybody knows what caliber these are in i would appreciate the info.

Caliber is 8mm Lebel. Yours appears to have a 5 rd magazine. I have
a Berthier 1907/15 which is similar, but has a 3 rd magazine. Bought
mine to accessorize a bayonet.

Neat old guns, ammo is a bit hard to find.

there is some vintage ammo on gunbroker for ok price. but it would seem like such a shame to use it. maybe when $ is more available, like thats gonna happen anytime soon.

im pretty sure this saw combat and was likely "dropped". wether the gun or the body hit the ground first is a question i cant answer. but on the left side of the stock there is an intentional X cut into it. this is not like some of the other scrapes or small cuts on the stock, its old. i like to think its a kill mark, but it could merely just be identification mark for someones rifle.

great info. thanks. wish i had a bayonet for this one.:(

Actually the bayonets are not all that uncommon. Metal grip with a round boss that fits the recess on your nosepiece. Round blued steel sheath.
The "blade" is cruciform---4 cutting edges in an X. Too lazy to go measure it, but I'm guessing the blade length is around 16".

A lot of dealers aren't even sure what the darned things fit.Had one tell me it was "civil war".
He got a little irate when I asked him which civil war--cause it sure as heck
wasn't the American one!

They seem to run $50-$100 or so, but I've seen some down around $35.

ETA: Link to bayonet pix.

<broken link removed>

My bayonet is like #300, and will fit your rifle. Possibly yours
could have had one like #308 also.

does anybody know of a decent subsitiute for the 8mm lebel munition? preferably something that could be purchased localy. those are some serious looking bayonets. imagine getting stuck with one of those bad boys.