JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Outsourcing to Brazil is a bad idea

True, outsourcing is never good for the american worker. It may be cheaper to the American consumer, but if you are laid off, you aren't consuming, so....... Downward spiral...... Probably a topic for a different thread.

As far as Springfield frames made in Brazil. Made at Forjas Imbel. Imbel has been a name I've trusted for quality FAL parts, and receivers, for many years. They are THE producer of Fals and 1911s for the Brazilian governement for decades. I've always had good luck with Springfield/Imbel 1911s. They make a solid product.

MIM is less expensive to produce, VS the origional Colt parts, that were machined from solid stock.

I don't know for sure but think most small parts except round parts like pins were forged, then machined.

Colt has 'adapted' to the modern world by making plastic mainspring housings and a few MIM parts. They found that sears made of MIM don't hold up and went to machined from bar I believe, MIMber didn't get the memo yet.

The subtle shift from quality is relentless and any company that decides to go back towards high quality parts gets my vote, I vote with my wallet.

But like politics, there are plenty of stupid voters canceling out my few feeble votes.

Maybe you are right, but in a toss up, US made is a good deciding factor.

All other things being equal, absolutely. Rarely does that seem to work for me though.
I am a ruger fan, though. Afaik, all the rugers are still US made. As soon as ruger makes a 1911, I'll have a US made 1911. Till then, I already have 2, not looking for another. Not looking doesn't always mean anything though......

All of my firearms are made in the USA.I have Rugers and Remingtons, and for the 1911,I went with the company that started it all back in 1911,used by our armed forces for over 70 years,and is the standard by which other massed produced 1911's are judged by. It's a Colt. The Series 70 Reproductions in either blue or matte stainless would make just about any owner proud. But then,I'm just a biased,stubborn,hardheaded,conservative,old school American!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top